Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another Runner

There is another runner in the family!  Last weekend I went with Bugs, my oldest, and bought him his first actual running shoes.  It took three stores and twice as many shoes and he finally found some he loved.  Early Saturday monring we went out on our first run together.  We went a comfortably paced mile with the promise of two miles the next weekend.  When we were done he asked where to put his shoes.  I told him he could put them back in his closet or next to mine by the treadmill.  The next morning I was delighted to see his red running shoes right by my purple ones!
 


3 comments:

Penny said...

Thats awesome. I always wish one of my boys would run with me. But they want no part of it.

ajh said...

Love it!

Geraldine Jackson said...

Cute shoes! That's a great idea to run with your children. I've been an avid runner for years particularly in high school and college yet I stopped after having children. I'm looking to start back up again by buying a treadmill for the colder weather. So far I've been able to narrow down my selection to a few very great ones based on reading a variety of treadmill reviews and blogs. My husband and I are going shopping for one this weekend!