Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not Quite Running

I have not been cleared to run, but I will be! This weekend there was a car accident that was not pretty in any way. Two cars were totaled in the accident. Thankfully, all three people involved walked away from the accident with no major injuries.

I was one of the drivers and surprisingly enough I have only one black and blue mark on me. However, my neck, back, and through the back of my shoulders are sore. I was checked out by the EMT's on the site and then went to the ER later in the day. They all said I'd be in pain and said I shouldn't run. This Friday I go to my GP and I hope to be cleared to run.

This weekend I have a 5K planned. If I am cleared to run I am not going to race this one. It would not be a good idea! The car is a goner, as is my front license plate (pictures below). So, if you are running, know I am jealous of you. I know better than to dive right back in after a car accident.

12 comments:

J said...

Oh dear. Glad you are ok. Hope your body feels better soon. I was in a mini accident when i was in high school and my neck was quite sore.

ajh said...

So glad you are okay. That looks very scary.

Teamarcia said...

Thank heavens you are all ok! Very nasty. take care.

kaydi327 said...

Oh my gosh, so scary! I'm so happy you were able to walk away relatively unscathed.

Katie @ Legally Fit

jillconyers said...

So glad you're ok. Take care and give yourself plenty of time to recover.

misszippy said...

Yikes! Glad you are ok! I hope you are cleared and back at it asap.

Running Librarian said...

Wow! You are so lucky to walk away with only a bruise and some aches..glad everyone is ok.

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Glad to see that you are OK and will be back to running soon! ;-)

The Unexpected Runner said...

Glad you are ok! Take it easy and you will be back on the road in no time. I am a trauma nurse. You are lucky!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Wow! Crunch. So glad you are ok. fingers crossed for your 5k this weekend.

Tracy Pierre said...

It's a good thing you didn't receive any serious injuries, but only minor ones. Whose fault was it, anyway? Have you filed for a personal injury claim right after this had happened? If you have, you should've been properly compensated. Anyway, how are you now after 3 months?

Tracy Pierre

Barbie Mauricius said...

No wonder your car looks like that! I imagine the impact of three cars crashing onto each other is enough to crumple even the toughest road vehicles. So, was there any investigation done after the accident to know who’s at fault? It would have been a good idea to follow-up a report and ask for the other drivers’ information for insurance claim purposes.

Barbie Mauricius