Friday, July 13, 2012

A Run out West

Last week we were visiting ADP's family in Montana.  We kept busy which left time for only one run when I was out there.  One was fine because we did a lot of other things, like hiking and driving up the side of a mountain on what I felt was a way too narrow road!

The day I ran we had a full day planned, so I was up and relatively early.
the sun was up!
It was fun running along the lake for a while.  The sun was up enough to light the sky and the lake was calm as glass!
Flathead Lake
The first mile was downhill, which meant the last mile was uphill because I did an out and back.  It was a simple four mile run for fun and pictures.
the running path
I did run slower than I usually do.  Most said I would not notice the altitude.  While it wasn't as bad as I thought, I could tell I was at 2800' as opposed to 300' above sea level.
a flower that caught my eye
I ran out two miles and saw this trail sign.  I wanted to go farther, but only went down the path a little before turning around.  It would be neat to have time to run more on it.
I made it back in time to get ready and head to Glacier National Park for the day.  It was a good and easy run.

5 comments:

Johann said...

Good and easy sounds perfect! That historical trail looks very interesting. Have a good weekend!

jillconyers said...

Wow. What a beautiful place to run. I seriously need a change of scenery for running routes :)

Teamarcia said...

gorgeous scenery! Glad you enjoyed!

Suz and Allan said...

What a beautiful place to run!

Running Librarian said...

looks like a great place to run!