Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mud Mania 2 RR

For the second year (of two), Amanda and I went to the Mud Mania race.  They added obstacles and had a lot more people.  Some of it was good (better food and more people), some wasn't (standing in line to go through obstacles).
Parking at the park was full so we parked at the school and caught one of the shuttle busses.  Once there it was easy finding our way around since we had been there the year before.
Amanda had picked up our bigs the previous day, which was really helpful.  We were in the second wave which had the benefit of watching the "elite" runners come in while we were waiting to start.

The beginning of the race was different this year which made the first ~mile more interesting, but there were three times we were at a standstill because of an obstacle.  This means I cannot compare this year's results to last year's results (good thing...because we were slower).

When I finished the race it was a good thing.  Last week, at the Lake Placid Half, I was wondering why I put myself through the running and training (it was a rhetorical question).  Yesterday, when I finished I wanted to do it again!  Talk about a fun race.


45:46
distance of 2.9 miles
overall place 612 of 811
gender place 344 of 
division place of 33 of 52 (35-39F)

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

What fun and a nice finish too! I'm determined to do a Mud Mania-type race this year.