Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

May Mileage

May was quite a month for me.  I ran well.  I read a lot.  I blogged a little.  I got a PR.

May mileage:  103.21
May days run:  19 (61%)
May races:  1

I took my vibram KSO's out for their first race in May and ended up taking 1:27 off my 5K time!

i'm not too far off my goal for the year, but i'm not close either
June will be an interesting month.  I have two races planned with the first next weekend.  It is a "get back in the saddle" race as it is my first half marathon in over a year.  It will be hilly and possibly warm but it is ok.  I'm running it to get back in the swing of things and not for time.  Then, a short 6 days later I'm running a mud run.  This all means one thing for me:  taper week.  I hope to post a little more later this week about my upcoming race.

5 comments:

Bill Fine said...

a good month! And that will set you up nicely for a good June.....well done!

misszippy said...

Any month with a PR is a good month in my book! I totally get the racing to get back into it rather than for time. It will all come around eventually!

jillconyers said...

Congrats on a great month and a PR! You're going to rock June!

Black Knight said...

A very good month with many workouts and a PR. Brava.
I wish a better June.

Suz and Allan said...

Nice job in May. Can't wait to see how June goes for you!