Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Squeak, squeak, squeak...

I'm having treadmill woes and have been most of the winter (so it seems).

It all started a while back with my treadmill (TM) squeaking a little during the first 1/4 mile.
And then it was the first half mile.
And then the belt started slipping a little when ADP would run.
And then ADP almost went over the front console when the TM stopped.
And then ADP wouldn't run on it and I tightened the belt.
And now it squeaks for the whole run.
squeaky TM

FRUSTRATION abounds!  I love my treadmill and it has treated me well for many years.  I wrote to the company and since it is long out of warrantee I had to e-mail a different address.  Thankfully I got a quick response and had what seemed like a hundred questions to answer.

Based on the questions and answers, I have a feeling the deck is going.  (AAAAAHHHH)  I have not heard back from the company yet, but I am fearing more squeaking or a big expense to fix it.

Even if the squeaking goes away it still doesn't help ADP get on the TM.  Yes, it stopped on ADP ... twice.  I think it is because he was pushing the TM to the max.  See, he runs fast and our TM tops out at 10 mph.  ADP's 5K pace is ~6:00/mi (a.k.a. 10 mph).  So, should we need to replace the TM I have a feeling we'll be getting one that goes even faster.

4 comments:

J said...

Oh dear! Hope that treadmill can be fixed. We have a treadmill sitting in our garage - it was my BIL's. We just need someone to help us carry that thing into the basement because it is heavy!

Christi said...

Ouch! That does not sound like fun at all.

jillconyers said...

Oh! That squeak would drive me crazy. Hopefully it can be fixed but I new faster TM sounds like a good idea too :)

Christy MyDirtRoadAnthem said...

That would not be fun to have it stop while running fast! Hope you get it fixed although I bet ADP would like a faster treadmill and the peace of mind knowing it won't just quit on him ! :)