Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

More New Shoes

I love walking around barefoot all summer.  I love winter all except for the fact that I need socks and slippers to keep my feet warm.  When it comes down to it, I am a no-shoe person (who likes to keep her feet "pretty" so no barefoot running).  I decided it was time and I finally went shopping for new shoes and walked out with my first pair of Vibram KSO's.

The first place I wore them was to the bus stop and all the kids who got off the bus at the stop loved them.  The boys really loved the camo pattern on the bottoms:

I am not planning anything long or great with these new shoes, but I plan on having fun with them!  I took Maddie out on a run last weekend and wore them for a really, really slow 1.9 miles and it was amazing!  So stinkin' comfortable.  Maddie liked them too...but then she would like any shoes that get me out the door to take her for a walk or run.
And then it was Monday and I felt like I had put my calves through a huge workout.
And then it was Tuesday and my calves were tight.
And then it was Wednesday and I had an awesome mid-tempo run in my treadmill shoes.
And then it was Thursday and I didn't have any time to spare which was a bummer because I was ready to take these KSO's out for another run in the neighborhood.

I'm looking forward to Monday when I can take them out on a run again!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the camo print too! Glad to hear you had a good first run. I was looking at some minimalist shoes today, but don't think I'm ready for Vibrams yet.

Black Knight said...

Never seen shoes like that. I think that with all my problems (past and present) I cannot wear minimal shoes.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

The camo's awesome! Not sure if I'd ever try the Vibrams, so I'll be interested to hear how you like them as you continue to use them.

Jill said...

I'd love a pair of those for exactly the same purposes...hopefully one day I can justify them over yet another pair of running shoes :). Those ones are really pretty!

Congrats on your great 4 miler race last weekend, too! Sub-9 for the last mile is awesome!

Abbie Anderson said...

Those shoes are so cool. I keep wanting to get me a pair but haven't dared do it yet. I love love your site. I’m putting together a huge giveaway in conjunction with a novel about a runner. We’ve received some amazing sponsors for our giveaway and hoping you will be a part of it. Our idea is to promote our book and the products as well as your blog. Hopefully a win win for everyone involved. I sent you an email with more details. If you didn’t receive it please email me at bubcoats@hotmail.com.

Tim F said...

I love my VFF. I started running them early in 2011 and slowly built up my distance in them. I also really felt them in my calves (which is part of the reason I took a real slow approach to building up the miles in them).

Just watch out for the little rocks - those take some getting used to.

Molly said...

cool kicks! I live in Birkenstocks, but I might have to look into these : )