Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wonderful and Amazing

It was nothing less than wonderful and amazing!  Last Friday this was me:
I was frozen and doing my best not to itch my eyes in the picture.  Friday morning I had LASIK (on both eyes).  The first hours are uncomfortable.  The first two days are hazy and dark (constant sunglasses).  The rest of the week was fine, but there is no running allowed.

This morning I went in for my one week appointment and after my eyes were checked (20/20 in both eyes!!) and the technical questions were answered I asked the one I'd been dying to ask since  I stepped into the office, "Can I run again?"  YES!!!  His answer was longer and more detailed than just "yes," but the it was the word I wanted to hear.  I cannot rub my eyes and should probably stay indoors (it's been cold here).

I was home less than 10 minutes and I was on my treadmill for a v.e.r.y. .s.l.o.w. 2 miler.  I don't care how slow or short my run was, it was so great to be back running.  I plan to take it easy this week and go on a lot of short, slow runs on the treadmill.  I have no doubt I'll love every step I take.

Who knew a week would feel so long and make a simple and short run so amazing?

10 comments:

MomRunningFromCancer said...

So many people I know LOVE lasik.

Glad you can run! Enjoy being able to see! I need reading glasses for just about anything I want to read, but have never needed glasses for anything further. I would love to get rid of my many readers, but it comes with age. ;-)

Christi said...

Woo Hoo! I loved it when I had Lasik done.

Michael said...

Congratulations on the successful surgery, and being able to run again. This will certainly be nicer than having to wear glasses or contacts !

Darlene said...

Congrats! Glad you can run (& see). Enjoy!

J said...

Glad the surgery was successful and you have perfect vision!

Teamarcia said...

I'm so glad everything went well AND you're back up and running! Nothing like a little layoff to make us appreciate it more!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Yay for getting the go ahead to run again!

Christy said...

I want to get LASIK, but so far I'm just a sissy. But glad is was successful and you can see!!

Black Knight said...

To run: magic verb!
Glad you are again on the .... treadmill.

kaydi327 said...

Hooray for 20/20 vision- that's awesome! I hope all is well :)

-Katie @ Legally Fit