However there are limitations to my running and now that I've gotten in a few short runs, these limitations are hampering my miles. I do not want to come off as whiney...but I haven't had a good, longer run in 22 days! The limitations:
- No getting sweat in eyes What??? Where is the sweat supposed to go? These days I am being very careful to wipe the sweat from my face.
- No rubbing eyes So while I'm wiping the sweat from my face I have to be extremely careful so nothing touches my eyes. While I consider myself talented...I don't dare close my eyes to wipe my face while still running on the treadmill. So, every time I
wantneed to wipe my face I have to hop off the TM to do it.
- No going where there will be excessive tearing Upstate NY + winter = cold weather. Cold weather + running = lots of tears. I'm on my treadmill for a while (thank goodness I love my TM!).
- No hard workouts That speed I was trying to get back isn't coming back anytime soon. I think I can start adding in speed-work in another week or two as long as I follow the rest of the 'rules.'
- Keep eyes lubricated Treadmill minus fan = sweaty mess. I cannot turn my fan on because it dries my eyes too much. No fan means even more sweating. More sweating, well, go back to the top of this list.
The list is longer than this, but these are the ones that have bugged me the most. Regardless, I have about one month to get back to 6 mile runs so I can run my leg of the Winter Marathon Relay (same team as last year).
Today I ran 3 miles and then did a kettle-bell workout. It's been a couple weeks since picking up my kettle-bells and I can already tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow.