Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

24 Hrs to go

I know I planned on blogging more, but it just hasn't happened.  Oh well...next week I'll try again.  Why not this weekend?  Well, in less than 24 hrs I'll be having LASIK.  This means that I won't be on the computer much over the weekend as my eyes heal.

This week has been an interesting one in relation to my eyes and running.  I had my pre-op appointment on Monday.  They dilated my eyes during the appointment and 24 hours later they were still partially dilated.  Needless to say, I didn't bother trying to run on Monday afternoon as I originally planned.  Sitting on the couch was enough exercise for me.  I was able to run on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today we have snow so instead of running, I'm spending my little 'me' time shoveling the driveway.  I love being out in the snow, so I'm fine shoveling instead of running.

This brings me to tomorrow.  I will work first thing in the morning and then head to my LASIK appointment.  I'm really excited.  When my appointment is done, ADP will drive me home and I plan on taking a good nap!  I can say that I am ready to be done putting drops in my eyes.  First the dilation on Monday.  Now I'm doing two days of drops to make sure I don't have any eye infections.  After the LASIK procedure I'll have to put more drops in to aid in healing.

The downfall is that I cannot do any exercise or anything that will get sweat in my eyes or cause lots of tearing for 7 days.  So, no running.  No walking the dog in the cold weather (my eyes water a lot).  No cutting up onions (what, oh what will I eat...I put onions in so many of our recipes).  My one week appointment is one I am looking forward to because I hope they say I can exercise again.  Until then, I'll be the one twiddling my thumbs waiting for the week to pass.

10 comments:

Penny said...

Good Luck Suzy. It will so worth it. I wish I could get it done. I hate wearing glasses. Take this time from running and just enjoy your beautiful family.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Good Luck. If only I could be so brave. I'll look forward to the follow up report.

Christi said...

The lasik procedure will open up so many new things for you. The best thing, freedom from glasses!

Darlene said...

Good luck. I wish I had done it when I was younger. Glasses...contacts..so annoying!

J said...

Good luck! Hope everything goes well! SO lucky you get to have LASIK. My corneas are too thin so I can't have it although I would love to get rid of my contacts and glasses.

Bridget said...

Good luck! Excited for you!

Melissa said...

Good luck!

Black Knight said...

My wife and my son had Lasik 2 years ago, their life has changed in better.
Good luck and don't worry for the lost workouts. After the rest you will have more strength.

misszippy said...

I am so happy to read this post! I am going to do it this year too, after years of deliberating. I am putting it off until post-Boston b/c I don't want to lay off running for a week during my training. But can't wait to hear your thoughts when it is over.

Thanks for swinging by my blog and offering up your thoughts on Sherry Arnold. Horrible, awful tragedy we are all feeling and I can't imagine how your SIL feels.

Molly said...

I hope you're healing nicely!