Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012's Schedule is Floundering

Most of the blogs I read have put up 2012 race schedules or goals or something having to do with 2012 and exercise.  I have not for the simple reason that my 2012 schedule and goals are BLAH.  The goals aren't solidified.  They aren't different.  I don't know if they are really goals, just little things I want to do this year.  My problem is that I am a goal oriented person so without defined goals I feel like I'm just doing the motions and I don't like it when it comes to running.  I need to work on some good goals, both attainable and ones to strive for.

My race schedule is coming together.  It looks, to me, a lot different than the past years because I have no long distance races on it yet.  I do have a race planned every month but August.  I have never done a race every month before so I may go for it this year.  

This is what 2012 is looking like (dates are estimates):
  • 1/8 Winter Series #3 (3 miles done!)
  • 2/19 3-Person Marathon Relay (same relay team as the past two years, I have the 5.49 mile leg this year)
  • 3/17 Runnin' of the Green, 4 miles (new race for me)
  • 4/14 Annual Furry Fun Run/Walk, 5K, benefits the rescue we found our Maddie through (new race for me)
  • 4/21 St. Peter's Keys, 5K (I have a time goal for this one, new race for me)
  • 5/13 Mother's Day 5K (a maybe race, seems like lots of friends run this one, new race for me)
  • 6/17 Mud Mania!, ~2.8 miles (I hope to get a group together for this one...Amanda???)
  • 7/9 Pine Bush Triathlon, sprint distance (plan to see how my old mountain bike holds up, I don't know if I'll be around for this race so I'll need to come up with another July race)
  • August:  nothing yet
  • 9/30 Wineglass Half Marathon...I'm debating this as my only long race of the year (would be a new race for me)
  • 10/15 Annual Mohawk Towpath Byway Duathlon, 2.2 mile run-16 mile bike-2.2 mile run (getting the bike out again for this one, new race for me)
  • 11/12? Stockadeathon, 15K (I loved the cool weather for this race in 2011!)
  • 11/25 HMRRC Turkey Raffle Hour Run (I didn't win anything in 2011 so I should in 2012)
  • 12/9 Winter Series Race #1

I did try to toss in some new races this year to help east the monotony, but I just am not feeling "it" for 2012.  Maybe it is because I have two races that include a bike.  Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of biking?  Well, I'm not.  I hope once my running mileage increases again I'll feel better about 2012.

13 comments:

ajh said...

I like the sound of that duathlon. Are you also doing a tri? Swimming? I will love it if you are.
I may be tempted to come do that duathlon.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I need to get my race schedule out together too. Looks like you found a lot of great races. The wineglass half marathon sounds like fun!

Darlene said...

A lot of variety?. I'm not a biker but I may give it a try

On the Right Track said...

I'm not a fan of biking either...but going for my first triatholon this summer...Your goals sound very attainable...and I love the idea of short races every month...it's always good to switch things up!

LOVE the wineglass half marathon!!!
enjoyed reading your blog

jillconyers said...

Looks like 2012 is going to be a busy and fun year.

I know what you mean about not having goals. It makes me feel like I'm just floundering.

Christi said...

I wish you the best in 2012!

Christy said...

Looks ambitious to me!

The Unexpected Runner said...

You will LOVE the Wineglass Half! It is an great race. I'll be running it too...just haven't decided which distance yet!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

I've run St. Peter's Keys before. Its a very nice race. The park is very flat and they had good snacks. My two prime criteria. :)

Suz and Allan said...

Good luck this year Suzy! The Wineglass Half looks like a really fun race.

Black Knight said...

We have 2 races in august here and the loot is good: wine and local products. Come here!
Have a great running 2012.

Jill said...

That certainly is a full plate and will keep you busy running :). It's so interesting to me to read about races out East that I have never heard of.

Molly said...

I'm thinking of doing Wineglass! I want to do a half in the fall, and that one is on my radar....