Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

November by the Miles

November was not a month to write home about when it comes to mileage, but I did do some good this month so I will celebrate those accomplishments!

November Mileage:  50.83
November Days Run:  12 (40%)
2011 Mileage:  1086.26 (I hit my goal of 1050 miles during a 15k)
coming into the Stockade-athon 15K finish line
November races:  2 (Stockade-athon 15K and Raffal Run)
November goals not met:  Running 13.1 miles in one shot.  I'm fine with this and will miss this goal in December too.

Me & Amanda at the Raffal Run
All in all, it wasn't a great month.  I went back and looked at my previous months' mileage.  The last time I had this low of a month was in February 2009.  No wonder I feel like I haven't been running this month!

I am celebrating what I did in November.  I ran my first 15K!!!  It was long and the hills hurt my calf, but I did it.  I purposely skipped perfect days to run my favorite 5 mile route so I could go to yoga.  I am happy I went to yoga and I hope to have time to go again next week.

December will be better.  Unless I am hurt, it cannot get much worse.

9 comments:

robinbb said...

Way to go on the 15k. I have only run 2 15k's and find them pretty tough. Take care of that calf!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great month. Nice job at your race and at getting in your yoga too.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Looks like a good month to me. I think I'd like to try a 15k sometime. I'll have to start looking for one I can run.

Christi said...

Great month! I hope December is all that you want it to be!

Suz and Allan said...

Hooray for your first 15K!

Beth said...

Congrats on your 15K and for still running a lot of miles this year. I like the 15K distance and wish they had more races that were that long. Hope you have a wonderful December!

jillconyers said...

Congrats on your first 15K and hitting your 2011 mileage goal! I'd say it was a pretty good month :)

Here's to more miles in Dec [for both of us]!

Guillermo said...

Nice blog!
Greetings from Spain!!

G

Penny said...

awesome mileage for 2011 and you still have the rest of dec to add some. WAY TO GO GIRL.