Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pictures and Miles

I had a busy Thanksgiving and while I did not log a lot of miles, I did run almost every day.  Most of the time I kept my runs under 3.5 miles for various reasons.  Today I went out and ran 5 miles.  It was a cloudy 50F and I needed to take advantage of the weather!  It isn't this warm at the end of November very often.  I set off on my favorite 5 mile loop and ran it backwards.  This meant I hit my hill at the beginning of mile 2 instead of during mile 5.  :)  Miles 1 & 2 were right on and then I hit mile 3.  Oh My!!!  I got a side ache and couldn't catch my breath and had to walk.  I have no idea what was going on, but it all happened during that one mile.  I did run the rest of my loop and finished stronger than I thought was possible with the miserable middle mile.

Over Thanksgiving break we also went and took our Christmas picture.  It is November and the leaves have fallen, the sun was out and there was a light breeze.  It was nothing less than a perfect day.  No, this isn't the picture we picked...but I wanted to share it because I think it is a great picture of my kiddos.


Back in August, I took some pictures from the same spot when I was on a 19 mile training run.  It looks a bit different:


4 comments:

laura@imnotatrophywife.com said...

Way to go! I love how a reverse run makes a huge change in the muscles used and endurance. way to push through it! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I need to get our Christmas cards done. Where does the time go?

Aimee said...

I love that picture of your kids! It is definitely a keeper!
Great job on your run! Way to stick with it and finish strong! Woohoo!!

Christi said...

Great pictures in a gorgeous area!