Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October by the Numbers

October was quite a month for me!  Wow!!!

October miles run: 104.564.39
October races:  1 (Mohawk Hudson River Marathon)
October days run:  10 (32%)
Shortest run:  2.15 miles 
Longest run:  26.25 miles (marathon day)
Pain: Yes, there was pain.  I trained to run a marathon and then walked the majority of the second half.  My left calf is almost back to 100%.  I had peroneal tendonitis in my left ankle previously and the marathon inflamed the tendon a little so the pain was back.  All better now!


Looking forward:  In November I have two "races" planned.  The first is a 15K and I am not racing it.  Frankly, I am not 100% sure I'm even going to try to run the whole thing (see "pain" above...calf hurts going up hills and this races has some hills).  The purpose of signing up for the 15K was to keep me moving after the marathon and it worked!  The second is an hour rafFal run.  Last year they announced that the course record was an hour.  I intend on going for the record this year.  I think my winter running buddy Amanda is going to be there too so we'll have plenty of time to catch up.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Have fun at the Stockade-athon. I may volunteer. I did the same for the Adirondack Half (not race it) and it was still fun to be at a race wiht the other runners.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I have a turkey day run, but other than that nothing. I have never done a 15k. Good luck on the runs!

J said...

Great job on October! Hope your calf is soon back to 100%. Those races sound fun! Can't wait to hear how they go!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Great October!!!! And great job again on the marathon! Here's to a wonderful November!!! Stay healthy.

Beth said...

I'm sorry that you are still hurting and hope that you heal up quickly. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the 15K. I've done a couple of 10 mile races and I really like the distance.

jillconyers said...

Great month of running! Sorry to hear about your calf. Hoping you're back to 100% soon!

I have 2 races left for this year. A turkey trot and jingle bells run. I may have to add a race or 2 before the end of the year.

Jill said...

Excellent October, girl! Running a marathon really helps bring up the numbers! The races in Nov sound fun and keep ya moving! Hope that calf stays pain-free. That calf thing is what started my whole heel nightmare so be careful!

Black Knight said...

Great job in october. Be careful and take it easy after the marathon.
Good luck in the next races.