Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Things Friday, 11/11

1.  Happy Veteran's Day!  Today we honor the almost 25 million military veterans in the USA.
source

2.  I am working on my race list for 2012.  This year was completely different than I thought it would be, so I'm leaving the second half of the year open because you never know what will happen.

3.  It was 64F the other day when I went out and ran.  It is not supposed to be anywhere close to 64F in November where I live.  I was drenched when I was done with my two miles.  Thankfully, everything is back to normal and it is a nice 41F this morning.

4.  I'm floundering with my running....and with my exercising....and with my eating.  Thus, I haven't been blogging much.  I'll figure it out; I always do.

5.  I have a 15K on Sunday that I'm planning on running.  My legs feel good and are finally back after my marathon.  My calf doesn't hurt when I run or walk or skip anymore!  I still don't think it would be a good idea to push too much in this race because my plan has always been to run this to keep myself moving after my marathon and I'm going to stick to my plan.  It is supposed to be dry and ~40F at the start.  Perfect weather for a nice Sunday morning run.  The best part, ADP is running too...although I think he's got a time goal in mind.  As always, he'll beat me to the finish line and I know I'll see him there cheering me on when I finish.

6 comments:

Running Librarian said...

can't wait to hear what races you are thinking about for 2012

Christi said...

Have a great and fun run this weekend!

Manderz said...

Can't wait to see you sunday! My goal is to finish! I've been feeling slooooow these days. Do you think ADP will get one of those stickers for finishing under 60 mins?

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Love Veteran' Day! So much respect for those that serve. Good luck on your race schedule, I've gotta get mine done too. And good luck at the 15K!

Darlene said...

GL on Sunday! Can't wait to hear about your 2012 racing plans!

Suz and Allan said...

Good luck in your race today! Hope it was a great 15K for you!