Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Marathon Training Goal

Do you ever go into a training plan with a goal for the training?  I did and it did not have anything to do with running.  Yes, I wanted to stay healthy.  Yes, I wanted to get all my miles in.  Yes, there are lots of things I wanted, but I only had one really big goal.

10/6/11
Something I don't talk much about is weight.  My big goal was to keep my weight even.  I didn't want my weight to go up or down over the last 24 weeks.  How did I do?  For the most part I did great!  I kept going to Weight Watchers over this cycle and I am happy to say that my top and bottom weight (other than a little blip after a fun eating weekend) were only 2 pounds apart.  I am finishing my training weighing the same that I started it!  I call that successful!!

2 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great job! I wish I could say the same. Darn! It's hard to lose weight as the years go by.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Yay for success! I hope you have a great marathon day!