Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Marathon Tidbits and More Pics


A few tidbits that I found funny or interesting about the marathon this weekend.

Toward the end of the race I managed to find a biker (course marshal or medical person) who had something salty in his pack of goodies.  He gave me a little package of trail mix.  Knowing my stomach was not agreeing with anything, I very sadly threw all the M&M's to the side of the course and said a sad goodbye to each and every M&M.
the photographer cut Amanda in half...though you can see she is holding my handheld
I ran without music.

the finish from one side.  it looks like Bugs is hiding
I had no appetite after the race.  My stomach started growling during the middle of the night so loudly I thought I'd wake the whole house.  Needless to say I was in the kitchen at 2 am for my first breakfast a mere 12 hours after finishing my marathon.
finish...sign and all
Somewhere during the 24th mile of the marathon I hit 1,000 miles for this year!  I only have 48 mile to my goal for the year.
my favorite professional photograph!

AG update:  place 66 of 70

I went to a doctor yesterday because my ankle has been bothering me since Sunday when I ran.  Apparently I need Bengay (really, am I that old??) and I'll be good to go.  Thankfully, I just irritated the tendon that had tendonitis in it.  FWIW, I did go to a doc who specializes in tendon and ligament trauma so I am not going to question his opinion on this one at all.  I'll run tomorrow and test the ankle out.  Tonight, I'm going to help eat an R2D2 cake.
my afternoon project


9 comments:

Darlene said...

Love the photo of you & your 2 kids crossing the FL!! Glad your ankle is ok. Any more marathons in your future?

Penny said...

Great pictures Suzy. Nothing like that feeling of crossing that finish line.

Jen said...

I think it's fantastic your kids crossed the finish line with you! Oh & I'm 34 and in love with Bengay. I used it a lot after my marathon.

Christi said...

I love the R2D2 cake! That freakin' rocks!

Zaneta said...

LOVE LOVE those marathon pics!!
love the cake too! :)

Anne said...

Congrats on finishing your marathon despite such difficult conditions! Love the photos of you and the kids running...great memories :)

Black Knight said...

Great pics, that is the best way to finish a marathon.
Now you have to slow down for some days and after you will be ready for new running adventures.

Suz and Allan said...

Great race pictures! I know you will treasure those for years to come!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Love the great pictures of the kids crossing the finish line with you and that R2D2 cake looks amazing!