Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The World is Right Side Up

Ever have one of those days where nothing is wrong, but everything is just off?  That has been the last few days for me.  This morning when I finished work I headed out for a run.  It was supposed to be a nice little 50 minute run at an easy pace.  Apparently I needed a little more because I ping-ponged back and forth with my splits with 10 min/mile being the net (10:23, 9:42, 10:02, 9:50, 9:46).  No consistency with my pace but I don't care.  I was just out for a nice run.  The good thing...while I was out running the world righted itself.  All is great now (as much so as it can be) and the day has gone wonderfully since.

I tried out my new ITB strap and I had no ITB pain during the run.  I have been doing my rolling, icing, stretching, exercises, and more for my ITB.  I am cautiously hopeful that my marathon goes well in 1.5 weeks.

8 comments:

J said...

Glad things are back to normal now - Some days I just feel off. its hard to explain but sometimes a run works and sometimes it doesn't. Glad you don't have any IT band pain! I am sure you will be ready for your marathon! Can't believer it is only 1.5 weeks away!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Yes, I have had those days, usually when I don't run. :) You will do great on marathon day!! You've worked hard, and everything will come together.

Teamarcia said...

Hell I think I've had a couple of years now that are simply 'off'!
Did you get the above the knee IT strap? I wore mine for almost a year. Did the trick! Yay for optimism!

ajh said...

Hope this continues. You will be great in the marathon.

Johann said...

Running can certainly fix the world. I'm glad your day went better after the run. All the best for the marathon! Keep on taking care of the ITB.

Black Knight said...

Glad that the things are normal now. However, during the marathon training, we cannot take a day off when the things go wrong.
We have a saying: the work done will always pay. You are ready for your marathon. Good luck.

jillconyers said...

Running can do that for me too! It can just makes things right [or maybe it just changes my perspective].

So glad to read no ITB pain! We're counting down together. I have 2 (and and more to come) Countdown to Chicago 2011 giveaways going on. Here's the link if you want to check them out :)

Life…as I see it [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

Jill said...

YAY for no ITB issues, this fantastic!!! You are doing awesome and I pray that dumb ITB stays away for your race!!