Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Things Thursday, 8.18

1.  Yesterday is best described using the title of a children's book because I had a 'terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.'  Nothing major went wrong, but if it could go wrong it did.  In the opening of Viorst's book Alexander says that he went to sleep chewing gum and he woke up with the gum in his hair.  Had I put gum in my mouth yesterday it would have managed to not only get in my hair, but it would have been so imbedded that my hairdresser would have had to seriously cut my hair.  It was that kind of day.
source

2.  I have only run outside a handful of times this month.  Part of it is due to our daily schedule and trying to fit all the last minute summer activities in.  The other part is the amount of rain we've had.  We needed the rain after a hot and dry July, but 6.5" in the first half of August is a bit much.
source:  weather.com
3.  I really love running.  I wrote this to some friends after my last long run (this is a snip-it of the note):
I'm over half-way through my training and I have 2 months and 2 days until my marathon. Yesterday I ran 16.2 miles.  Training is tough and the long weekend miles leave my legs tired and sore.  The thing is that I'm LOVING it! I think I may have fallen into the deep end here. wub.gif my running wub.gif

8 comments:

Darlene said...

I don't have a treadmill & I got rained out Monday & Tuesday. I'm thinking that I need to join a gym. Glad you're loving your running.

misszippy said...

Try running in the rain--it's really not so bad!

Teamarcia said...

Oooh another one off the deep end! Glad the 16 treated you well!

ajh said...

I like running in the rain as long as there is no thunder and I can come home and take a shower right away. Hope your day today was better.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Rain runs are awesome ... a little annoying at first, but if it's not a driving rain, its actually pretty cool!

Michael said...

I officially start my marathon training in a couple of weeks. I hope I feel the way you do. I'm not sure that I will love it...but we shall see. Nice job!

The Happy Runner said...

<3 #3!
And you are so lucky -- SOCKS winner!

Molly said...

I am so excited for you, you're going to rock the 26.2!