Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

More Miles, More Blisters

This morning I set out for my longest run to date. It was good. It wasn't great because I had garmin troubles again ( I solved them mid-run), my tummy didn't like the Gatorade on the course, and I got a new blister and then I got a blister on (or under) the first blister. The great: I tried out my new belt. I love how much I can fit in it and yet it never moves.

I put some pictures below but since I'm doing this post from my phone I cannot write between the pictures or it gets deleted ( who knows why).

All in all:
16.21 miles
Less than 3 hrs total (breaks included)
10:50/mile ave (breaks included)
I'm happy with the run and really looking forward to "only" 12 miles next weekend.

8 comments:

Penny said...

Hey Susi, Those blister look awful. My sister had a huge blister on the side of her heel to. I have some wright socks and love them. THey are blister free socks. You might give them a try. My sis is getting here blister healed, then she is going to try the wright socks. I will let you know how it works for her. Take care of your feet. What an awesome run. Way to go girl

ajh said...

You did great! Hope those blisters heal fast.

Candice @ I Have Run said...

That is exactly where I get a blister on a lot of my long runs. Same foot even =( So sorry!

Great job getting it done in spite of some not great things getting in the way!

Jill said...

Good job on the long run, despite the blisters! I work with a woman who constantly gets blisters and she has tried EVERYTHING! One thing I have not had many of.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

OW!!!!

Does bodyglide help that? Have your tried putting a bandaid there before the run?

I hope that heals up soon!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Great job on the run - but too bad about the blisters - YIKES!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Great run! You'll have to keep us posted on if you find something that helps with the blisters...they plague me, as well.

onelittletrigirl said...

Those are some serious blisters! Ouch! I usually lance mine, put on the neosporin and let em breathe. Hope they stop plaguing you!