Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Five Things Friday, 8.12


  1. My running schedule is changing once again.  Today was the last day of half-day camp for the kids so I now need to get up early and run or run after ADP gets home.  I have a feeling early morning running on the treadmill will win out the majority of weekdays.
  2. I finally added up my mileage for August.  Whoa-Nellie!  I think it may be another big, big month for me.  I knew training for a marathon would up my mileage, but I didn't expect it to increase that much.
  3. Earlier this summer I found a chocolate bar in my house that was beyond the date (expiration or sell-by??) printed on the wrapper.  Since then I have been doing my best to make sure to check, and then eat, all chocolate in the house.  I must like buying Hershey's bars for s'mores because there are too many 6-packs of chocolate in the house especially since we've made s'mores once this year.
  4. There is no more guessing what NFL team I cheer for because the personalized plates for my car arrived.  To my new readers..WELCOME!  I love having you here.  And so you are clear...I love running but there is something that trumps running:  the GREEN BAY PACKERS!  I am seriously considering skipping my New Year's Day half marathon because there is no way I'd make it home to watch the whole football game on TV.  Yes, I will skip races to watch my beloved Packers.
  5. I will not complain, but my weight doesn't seem to be going down.  Perhaps this is a side effect of #3.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

You look great = no need to lose weight. GL with your training. Hope you get to do some longer runs outdoors.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

My license plates:
GOPKGO (for real) :)

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Go Pack Go -

Our Packer fix will get satisfied this weekend. Packers vs the Browns for preseason.

I am so excited for this season to start. I got 4 tickets (from my boss) for the Packers vs Tampa Bay game in November at Lambeau :-)

ajh said...

I totally thought you were going to say you threw the chocolate away. I love your thinking.

Penny said...

You are doing so awesome on your marathon training girl.

By the way you look awesome.

Yolanda said...

I'm new here! :-)

jillconyers said...

I know it's been said but you do look great! Good luck with the new running schedule. My training schedule for Chicago seems to change frequently.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what I would skip a race for. Other than my family nothing comes to mind :)

JenLo said...

I think one of the automatic payoffs for putting in so much training effort should be an automatic reduction in the number on the scale. But alas! I've heard it's not uncommon for weight to remain stable--probably because of how difficult it is to manage fuel; eat enough to have energy to run, but not so much that you outconsume what you burn. I think I put on 3 lbs when I was training for my half. No fair ;/