Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

e = Easy

Today was the first day that my legs and head both wanted to follow the "e" on my training plan.  In black and white my training plan says 35e meaning 35 easy minutes.  For the first time all my easy miles were slower than my long distance miles.  Or maybe it was the humidity.  Or the fact that my quads still have some lingering 'you ran farther than you ever have before' pain.  Or I'm just down-right exhausted.  Or I'm learning.  It doesn't really matter why it happened; I'm happy I was finally able to do easy.
one of the sunflowers we planted has 8 flowers on it
Part of what helped was the picture taking.  Yes, I stopped my garmin when I took pictures (mainly because I was using my phone and I wanted to play with Instagram instead of just clicking and going.  Here are the results (some ok, some bad, all fun for me):

bright sunflower, really bright sky before the clouds came in

1 of 8 flowers on the plant

time to turn around and go the other way (trail = paved biking path)

this sign didn't survive the spring...but they keep mowing around it
Instagram is fun, but I think I'll stick to my camera.

7 comments:

Cynthia O'H said...

What great pictures. Glad you took it easy or you could have missed some of this beauty.

ajh said...

Love the pictures!

Anne said...

Congrats on those 16 plus miles! Nice and easy was well deserved :)

jillconyers said...

Hi from a new follower by way of Twitter I love that you stopped to take pics! So often, when running I see something and wish I had my camera with me. Specially on trail runs. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back :)

Blog: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

FB: Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]

Molly said...

so pretty! I've been curious about instagram..

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I love to stop and take photos while I run. It does help to remember that running should (at least most of the time) be FUN!

I also loved that little clip thing in an older post. Can't/don't always get to comment from my dumb smart phone (word verification makes it hard).

Cassy said...

I love those sunflowers. Beautifully captured.

Cassy from Guitar Made Easy