Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ClipE Review

Remember this little picture? (Here it is if you don't remember)
There is something different about this picture...it is the earphones.  I don't run with music often and when I do I'm continually struggling to keep from catching the cord with my hand.  It is never fun to yank the earbuds out of my ears on the run.  So, when I was asked to review a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW PRODUCT called ClipE that would help, I had to say yes.

A few days later this came in the mail:

It is little and does exactly what I want it to do - keeps the cord out of my way while I'm running.  Here are a few key pictures:

I clipped it onto the collar of my shirt even though all the pictures so the clip attached to the front of the shirt.

clip on my shirt...I just wasn't a fan of the wrinkle.  I did run with it there for a while and the ClipE didn't move.  It didn't pull on the technical shirt.  It stayed put.

The back of the ClipE.  Basic and yet ingenious.  This is where there is minor fault.  Every time I tried to put it on my shirt one of the cords would fall out.  It could be the earbud cords...I have not tried different earbuds to see if it is the ClipE or the earbud cords causing it to fall out.  The falling out ONLY happens when I open the clip.  Once I got it on my shirt with both cords tucked in there was no problem!
A little about the ClipE.  You can find them on their websitefacebook and on twitter (@MyClipE).  It looks like they are adding designs all the time.  Their website has them priced at $7.95 and you checkout through Amazon (so you know it's safe to buy them on-line).  Part of the promo write-up I got says this:

The ClipE was invented by Jessica Bylsma, a professional pilot and avid runner who was dissatisfied with the limited solutions available for restraining her headphone cords while exercising. She searched through the options available on the market, but found them to be either unattractive or ineffective at keeping the cord from bumping around or interfering with movement. "Portable music is a must-have motivator for my workout routine, but I can't have wires getting in the way," says CEO and Founder Jessica Bylsma.

Would I buy these?  Yes, if I ran with music more often.
Would I recommend these?  Definitely
Will I use it again?  I put my iPod away with the ClipE still attached because I plan on using it until it no longer works.

Disclaimer:  I was sent this free of charge.  The opinions of my review are mine and mine alone.

5 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Hmm I will have to check this out. It looks helpful, I also hate the flying cords.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

These are definitely worth looking into for me. I usually end my runs with weird marks on my arms from tucking my earbud cords under the armband I use for my iPod.

Jill said...

That's a great idea! I run with music all the time and have to run the cord down my running shirt otherwise it gets tangled...this sounds much easier! Thanks!!!

Jess said...

Thanks for the great and thorough review Suzy! The pictures are amazing. Glad you liked it! Stay in touch. Jess

Black Knight said...

When I do my workouts alone I always listen music. Just yesterday I was looking for new earphones. I like those ClipE but I think they are not in the italian market.