My running is going great! As in unbelievably well! My runs are all great (not every single one of them, but almost all of them.)! I am mixing up road, treadmill, and track this summer for a change of pace.
So, what have I been up to? (Yeah, I know I just said I don't think you want to read it, but I'm listing some things anyway.)
- "Old fashioned" cross-training in the form of up and down the ladder for the lower body. Power washing, scrubbing, cleaning, and using the drill for the upper body.
- Wearing my kids out at a water park. I think I have two water bugs! This means one thing: they follow after their mom.
- Mowing. I love mowing so I decided that I would do it this summer so we have more family time on the weekend (I can mow during the week and ADP cannot).
- Gardening, of course. We have another round of mulch to buy and spread, but not today. My arms are still a little sore from taking the gutters down yesterday.
- Enjoying my running. I really love it and I am trying really hard to enjoy the heat that goes along with running outdoors during the summer.
- Perusing race listings. I would like to get in another half before my marathon, but none of them work out with my training schedule. I keep looking but none are showing up when I want and/or need them to. I want to do a race-pace race for many reasons: to see if I can hit the 13.1 mark about when I'm thinking I should for my marathon in October; to see how I feel after to gauge if the pace is ok; and to see if I can pace myself.
There is so much more, but right now I have to put the tuckered kids down for the night before one of them falls asleep on the couch (again).