Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Way Summer Goes

We are deep into summer here and I honestly don't think you want to read about all our summer fun in the sun or summer projects.  So, I haven't been posting much.

My running is going great!  As in unbelievably well!  My runs are all great (not every single one of them, but almost all of them.)!  I am mixing up road, treadmill, and track this summer for a change of pace.

So, what have I been up to?  (Yeah, I know I just said I don't think you want to read it, but I'm listing some things anyway.)

  • "Old fashioned" cross-training in the form of up and down the ladder for the lower body.  Power washing, scrubbing, cleaning, and using the drill for the upper body.
  • Wearing my kids out at a water park.  I think I have two water bugs!  This means one thing:  they follow after their mom.  
  • Mowing.  I love mowing so I decided that I would do it this summer so we have more family time on the weekend (I can mow during the week and ADP cannot).
  • Gardening, of course.  We have another round of mulch to buy and spread, but not today.  My arms are still a little sore from taking the gutters down yesterday.
  • Enjoying my running.  I really love it and I am trying really hard to enjoy the heat that goes along with running outdoors during the summer.
  • Perusing race listings.  I would like to get in another half before my marathon, but none of them work out with my training schedule.  I keep looking but none are showing up when I want and/or need them to.  I want to do a race-pace race for many reasons: to see if I can hit the 13.1 mark about when I'm thinking I should for my marathon in October; to see how I feel after to gauge if the pace is ok; and to see if I can pace myself.
There is so much more, but right now I have to put the tuckered kids down for the night before one of them falls asleep on the couch (again).

9 comments:

Darlene said...

There's a half in Lake George on Aug 6. Sounds like you're having a good summer.

Aimee said...

I honestly believe that house/yard work is the best form of cross training!!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Sounds like you have been busy. I agree housework is a great form of cross training, as well kid chasing!

J said...

Sounds like a busy summer! Hope you find a half to run before your marathon!

Christi said...

Sounds like summer is going really well. I am jealous!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

I weeded my plant beds on Sunday, and the backs of my thighs still hurt! So, yes, yard work / house work counts!! :) Glad you're having a great summer.

Tarun Kumar said...

you are right... you can also find latest Job Listings alerts online.

Meg said...

Hey, I love your "natural" way of cross training. It's called "being a busy mom in the summer and having fun with your kids!"
Fun summer times!

Black Knight said...

I think you'd have to add swimming to "road, treadmill track and busy mom" .
Enjoy this summer. Ciao