Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Track

The temperature is supposed to get higher every day this week so I'm glad I was able to go to the track today.  We took off early...well, earlier than normal and took our hydration along.
I knew from previous weeks that the track workouts aren't terribly long, but with the heat and humidity I opted to take along half-strength gatorade for myself.  The kids were armed with ice cold water for their runs.

Last week and this week both Bugs and Punky ran my two warm-up laps with me.  Then I drop them (well...I drop Punky as she slows down and Bugs flies past me as he picks up speed) and get down to business.  Today was a different workout than I'd been doing.  For the past four weeks the schedule had 30/30 (30 seconds fast, 30 seconds slow) and I had gotten better at them, or so I tell myself.  This week was 60/60.  Gulp!  Um, 60 seconds is twice as long running fast in case you need help with the math.

I set my garmin and was off for 7 repeats of this craziness.  It was hot.  The third repeat I had sweat burning my eyes (so I tried to mop some of the sweat off while running faster).  I finished the fifth and thought it would be great to call it a day.  When the seventh was done I seriously considered dropping my cool-down laps, but knew better.  My paces were all over, which I didn't find out until plugging my garmin in (7.8 to 8.9 mph).  Hopefully next week will go a little smoother.

And then I was done and trying to take a picture of myself in the car window.  It was all of 8:30 and I wanted to get home and have breakfast.
Tonight I head to the chiropractor and then to a seminar put on by the marathon I'm going to run.  I think tonight's is on nutrition.  I need help with that because I put on a couple pounds in the last couple months that definitely need to come off.

11 comments:

Tricia said...

I'd love to hear more about tonights seminar if you'd like to share in a future post

kaydi327 said...

Awesome track workout! That sounds intense, especially with this heat. Have fun tonight!

Katie @ Legally Fit

Penny said...

Suzy what plan are you using for your track workout. I would like to try it. Great job on the that track run.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

This heat is crazy!

Candice @ I Have Run said...

Great job on the track workout.

And let us know what you learn. I have more than a few pounds I'l like to see get lost!

J said...

I just went out for lunch and it was unbearable! Tomrorow is supposed to be worse! Glad im in AC for now. great job on the track workout!

ajh said...

I took a marathon course once and loved all the seminars.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Hitting the track in this heat sounds brutal! They should make tracks white so they won't get as hot.

The Happy Runner said...

Nice job, Suzy!

Black Knight said...

You made a great workout. A good job to increase the speed.
I like the picture taken on the car window.

Molly said...

great job, I'd love to hear more about the seminar too.