Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Track Success

Thursday is slowly becoming my track day. My training plan says to do it on Tuesday, but this week it was HOT on Tuesday and it is a comfortable 70F with a breeze this morning. I went and the kids did two easy laps with me to warm up. Then, it was on to the fast/slow portion of my visit (while the kids happily played in the middle). Today I did 16 x 30/30 (that would be 30 seconds fast/30 seconds slow). I am geeky enough that I have tracked my fast sets and calculated great things like mean and standard deviation.

When I started this four weeks ago I did 8 repeats and I have worked my way up to 16. Next week it is back down to 7 but I'll be doing 60/60 instead. I finally have 30/30 figured put and the plan changes.

When I got home I mowed the grass and now I'm relaxing in my adirondack chair thinking about nothing much at all. It is a great Thursday!

6 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Isn't having speed work done for the day the best feeling ever?
You've totally earned that relaxation.

Christi said...

What a great day! I need more days like that myself.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! :)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

It does sound like a great day, love the sandals!

Black Knight said...

Speedwork in summer! You are super-Suzy! The relax is well deserved.
Beautiful sandals.
Have a good week end.

misszippy said...

You've made great progress in short time! And so nice that the kids can come along for the ride and keep themselves entertained. Way to get it done!