Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Long Run in Pictures

It is long run day!  This morning was a 6 mile loop we were to run twice (for most...almost twice for me because my plan called for 11 miles).  I decided to carry my camera for the second loop.
6 miles done, 5 or 6 to go
2 essentials for the long run:  my garmin and my handheld (filled with Nuun)

I ran by here twice this morning.  Good thing they aren't open early otherwise I may start carrying money when I run.

recent storm damage
entering the park again...oh so close to my car

the path through the park

the "other" path through the park.  the shade is wonderful in here.  the mosquitos attack me when i go in here.

between the "other" path and this main road is all housing developments.  nothing interesting.  nothing that caught my eye.  nothing that screamed "take a picture of me" so i didn't take any pictures.
Miles:  11.66
Time:  2:04:09
Ave pace (including water stops):  10:39/mi
Backtracks because of dropped gel packet:  1
Mosquito bites because I didn't want to litter:  too many to count (and yes, I put on bug spray)
Miles run alone:  9.6 (I knew I couldn't keep up so I shooed the others ahead of me)

9 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Thanks for the pic's - I love it when people post their courses - makes you feel like you're there. Good run too!

ajh said...

It looks pretty but I have zero tolerance for bugs. Is there a time of day they are not bad? It would probably be when it is too hot!

kaydi327 said...

Great job on the run, Suzy! Is that the crossings? I remember running there a few times in the fall and getting tiny little gnats in my eyes- so annoying!

Katie @ Legally Fit

Penny said...

You did great girl. Love all the pics. Those pestey mosquitoes.

Jenn said...

If there's one thing I hate more than mosquito bites, its mosquito spray. Not good when you live in Minnesota, the land of the mutant mosquito! Love all your pics and great job on the long run!!

I do eat meat:). Not a lot, but if I want it, I eat it!

Cynthia O'H said...

Looks like a beautiful run. Honestly, I don't know how you run with a camera; I have enough trouble with just my puffer.
Nice mileage today.

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Great job on the run - I would love to be running that distance right now - but have been having hamstring and piriformis problems . . . and I have a 1/2 marathon coming up in about 3 weeks! Hoping for a quick recovery.

Too bad you are getting mosquito bites on a run! Yikes - we have lots of mosquito's but they usually don't bother me while running.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Nice job on the run and way to go not littering! even if it meant more squito bites!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Love these posts! Great pictures. Hate, hate, HATE mosquitoes, but they sure love me. Great run!