- One of the things that I avoid is folding the white loads of laundry because they are all socks. Summer means sandals which in turn means LESS socks. I have now found a downfall of running: too many socks to keep track of and try to match, even during the summer!
- I bought a Nathan handheld. I had a different brand and it has leaked from day one. I contacted the company and they sent me a replacement; it also leaked. I hope my new Nathan treats me better.
- This Saturday I have an 8 mile training run with the USA Fit group and then a 5K. I'll add a couple extra miles in somewhere and turn this Saturday into my 13.1 June day (even if the miles will be split up). I am going to run the race with my neighbor who has been getting ready for this 5K all spring. She has not run a 5K in over a decade. It will be a fun and very comfortably paced 5K. Now I need to figure out how to fuel for these runs. 8 miles at 6:30 am. 5K at 10:00 am. 2 miles before or after the 8 miles. Should be an interesting morning for food.
For good measure, my 5K goals:
- Stay with my friend the whole distance
- Run, even if friend and/or friend-of-friend walk (so, run insanely slow)
- Do not leave friend with 400 left in the race, even if it is downhill to the finish
- Have a blast!