Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Three Things Thursday, 6.2


  1. One of the things that I avoid is folding the white loads of laundry because they are all socks.  Summer means sandals which in turn means LESS socks.  I have now found a downfall of running: too many socks to keep track of and try to match, even during the summer!
  2. I bought a Nathan handheld.  I had a different brand and it has leaked from day one.  I contacted the company and they sent me a replacement; it also leaked.  I hope my new Nathan treats me better.
  3. This Saturday I have an 8 mile training run with the USA Fit group and then a 5K.  I'll add a couple extra miles in somewhere and turn this Saturday into my 13.1 June day (even if the miles will be split up).  I am going to run the race with my neighbor who has been getting ready for this 5K all spring.  She has not run a 5K in over a decade.  It will be a fun and very comfortably paced 5K.  Now I need to figure out how to fuel for these runs.  8 miles at 6:30 am.  5K at 10:00 am.  2 miles before or after the 8 miles.  Should be an interesting morning for food.
For good measure, my 5K goals:
  • Stay with my friend the whole distance
  • Run, even if friend and/or friend-of-friend walk (so, run insanely slow)
  • Do not leave friend with 400 left in the race, even if it is downhill to the finish
  • Have a blast!

10 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

That is a downfall of running! I hate matching socks and now that I have kids it is so much worse! Good luck on your 5k goals for the weekend.

Darlene said...

What a full Saturday!

Teamarcia said...

enjoy the Nathan handheld and the 5k--love your goals!

Emz said...

Enjoy the race Saturday!!!

misszippy said...

You have "good friend" goals there--I'm sure she will appreciate it!

Cari Mugz said...

I am glad I am not the only one that does not LOVE the sock thing...
Have fun Saturday

Penny said...

Your goals for you race with your friend is very nice. What a good friend. I hate sorting socks to. I have a box with a lot of unmatched socks that i hope to find the mate some day. Good Luck on your race.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I don't like matching sock after the wash either. Add to that the fact that the big boys argue over who's white socks are who's. (they all look the same!)

Interesting goals. Hopefully your friend will be able to run all of the race of that will be a hard one to keep!

Aimee said...

I have 2 Nathan handhelds and LOVE them!!
Ugh..I hate matching socks too!

JenLo said...

I know what you mean about the socks! My mom used to make us safety pin the toes together before we threw them in the laundry basket. I'm considering that too ;)

Have a great run(s) Saturday!