Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Kindergarten Honesty

Kindergarteners do not have filters like the rest of us; they are brutally honest at times.  This morning Punky told me one of those brutally honest remarks:  "Mommy, you look pregnant."  I'm not pregnant.  I'm in the best shape of my adult life.  I was in shape in high school and I only weigh a couple pound more now.  The thing is that those couple pounds are all on my tummy.  I love my kindergartener!

On a side note, one that is related to running, I went for a nice five mile run today.  I only have a few days left before my lovely kindergartener and first grader are home for the summer so I am taking advantage of midday runs while I still can.  The adventure of today was right around mile 3.  I was running along and then I saw this:

The path was technically open, but there was a truck on one side and a guy taking down a tree on the other side of the path.  I was planning on going around the truck, along with the one lane of traffic when I hear a guy yell "Runner!"  Um, yes...I am a runner.  The chainsaw turned off.  Three guys working on the tree and one in the road directing traffic all turned and watched me run by in the middle of the road.  Once on the other side I heard the chainsaw turn back on.  I continued with my run and finished with no other adventures.
done with the run!

9 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

WooHooo! You can stop construction guys cold! I don't think you have much to worry about in the looks department. ;-)

Teamarcia said...

Eeek I hate sneaking past work crews. Glad they were accommodating.

Penny said...

I hate when I run into workers. It just makes me uncomfortable. Great 5 miles.

ajh said...

I would have felt uncomfortable running by but done it to go the way I wanted.

Jill said...

Yeah...I love how brutally honest kids are!! NOT! Mine told me the other day I have way too many gray hairs and look so old. And he's 15! No worries, I disowned him. :)

Ewa said...

I think it was rather nice of them to stop. I often notice gardeners in our area will stop their blowers, mowers or trimmers when I run by.

Nicole Orriëns said...

Now there's a nice identity for you! 'Runner'! How did you feel with them all watching you?

momshomerun.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

Ha ha! Kindergarteners. My oldest once told my mom "you're not fat grandma, it's just an optical illusion because you're short" Got a huge laugh outta that one!!!

Nice job on the run:)

Tricia said...

so nice of them to stop