Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ignoring the Training Plan

In April I did not have a race to get ready for so I started my Operation:  Enjoy the Run.  I almost always (as in 99.9% of the time) love my runs, but making it the main focus of going out and running has really upped the enjoyment level.  This week and next I am ignoring my training plan so I can go back and focus Operation:  Enjoy the Run.  More specifically I am focusing on number 2:
Run as much as I want while the kids are at school (hence the two-ish month time frame)
It is almost the end of the school year so I only have three more days of running in the middle of the day (that is if I can squeeze a little run in after my chiro appt today).  One of the things I have done is run my favorite five mile route twice this week.  My training plan does not call for anything remotely close to five mile runs but I'm doing them anyway.  On Monday I ran across the guys working over the running path.  Yesterday I ran into this one:
It is a different part of the path, but it was blocked by a lil' tree that went down.  We haven't had any big storms or winds since I ran on Monday so I don't know what took it down, but there it was blocking my path.  The difference, there was no one to watch me run around it yesterday like there was on Monday.

9 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I love running just to enjoy it, sometimes I feel so focused on my next race, it is fun to kick but and just remember shy we do this in the first place!

Carie said...

I felt like I really enjoyed my run this morning! Even though I am in the middle of marathon training I ran with a friend I rarely get to see. We talked the entire way and I hardly knew 6 miles had gone by!

Christi said...

The guys probably "cut" it down so they could watch you run around it again when they come to fix it! :)

misszippy said...

I love operation enjoy the run! Great idea.

Go Mommy said...

Sometimes you need to toss the trainning plan.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

I just love the green and trees in your pictures. While I don't miss too much about the area in which I grew up, I really do miss that greenery in the summer!! (and my family!)

Meg said...

GREAT idea, I'm in! Enjoying it is the key, enjoy!!

Black Knight said...

Enjoy the run is the solution when we are not in the right spirit.
A relaxing run, watching the landscape is a very good option.

onelittletrigirl said...

Sometimes it is hard to remember that we are all in this to enjoy it in some way. I know at times I become too pace focused or too time focused...enjoying a run is one of the best feelings!