Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Heel Strike & A Proud Moment

I need to take a moment to share my proud mom moment from yesterday.  Really, I just want to brag for a moment about my oldest, Bugs.  Field day was yesterday and one of the events was the 50 meter dash.  He did amazing!  I know...it was only a heat with four kids...but I can still be proud.  He not only won his heat, he won by a good 10 meters!
Bugs (in red) with his closest competition (who slowed at the end)
Shortly after this he ran another heat with eight kids and he spent part of the race talking to his friend and he still came in second!  How do you spend part of a 50 meter dash talking?  The race is practically over before it begins.  I managed to get a picture and take a look at this heel strike (or, heel strike about to happen considering Bugs is completely in the air):
It was a good day overall.  Hot, but good.  By the time Punky was outside it was in the 90s and the main goal was keeping the kids cool and hydrated, not running one's fastest.

8 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats to your son!

Teamarcia said...

Nicely done Bugs!

Ewa said...

He is clearly enjoying this run. I love seeing active kids. Good job, mom.

Manderz said...

Great job!! He looks like ADP running so fast! :)

Jennifer Cotter said...

Aww...good job, Bugs! :)

Liz said...

haha! My son is like that, he never stops talking, even in a race! He came last in his sports day races though... He didn't mind!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

seeing kids run reminds me how much fun it's supposed to be!!

Black Knight said...

Congrats to the runner and the proud mom!
He looks very very fast .... like flying (the last picture).