Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Foto Friday

Here is one thing I do for cross training:
texture and color (well...green color)

anyone know what the purple flowering plants are?  They were here when we moved in and I just keep splitting and moving them around.

Punky's favorite

even the kids get involved.  they planted all these annuals!

it doesn't look like much now, but there are a lot of veggies planted here.   although, we did reduce the size of the veggie garden by about half this year so we won't be eating tomatoes and zucchini forever this year.
I did not take pictures of all my gardens, that would just be crazy.  Instead, I'll just head back out there and try to stay ahead of the weeds.

13 comments:

Ewa said...

I believe gardening is strength, stretching and yoga combined. Looking at your garden you must be in great shape. :)
After long and wet CA winter, weeds seem to be winning in mine.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

your gardens look great! Mine, not so much, but I m learning

Carie said...

So pretty, I don't have a green thumb, but my Hubby does! Our yard always looks so good! I love this time of year!

Christi said...

I love your gardens. I wish I had the magic touch and the patience to work with them.

Teamarcia said...

Looks great! gardening is great for body and soul. That looks like a variation on a pelargonium...totally guessing here.

The Happy Runner said...

Very nice! Those might be phlox.

Velma said...

I LOVE gardening! I think it is calming :) Happy Weekend!

Can the football lock out end soon, so we can chat Packers!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

I have lot's of flower gardens also and love it - even pulling weeds . . . well most of the time.

I think the purple flowering plant is a type of perennial geranium - called Cranesbill . . .

Black Knight said...

Is the Punky's favorite a sunflower?
Your garden looks very beautiful.
Have a good week end.

Jourdans said...

I, too, was going to say it was a type of geranium...

Molly said...

I kill everything, my green thumb is brown!

Everything looks so pretty : )

Aimee said...

I am so jealous of your gardening! I can't wait to move into our new house. That's one of the first things we're going to do! :)

Alma said...

B eautiful! My hostas could use some help...my address is...