Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

All By My Lonesome

This morning I went to the track to see how I could do without other runners to help me along.  In that sense, I was all by my lonesome, but I wasn't all alone because a few aids and a teacher from my kids' school were there, as were my kids.  I had a nice mug of tea before we went in none other than my Packer mug!  When we got to the track Bugs and Punky were off and running before I even set my water down.  They did not make it far and soon they were walking and I was lapping them.  One of their friends showed up with his mom and so the three were busy having fun.

 I have changed the days around on my training schedule to accommodate summer vacation.  I am still getting all my runs done, but just not on the day they may be scheduled.  My amended schedule called for 10 x 30/30.  30 seconds fast, 30 seconds jog and do it ten times over.  Last time I was with my USA Fit group and my 30 fast averaged 8.0 mph (8 repeats).  Today I had to two more repeats and my average was 8.3 mph.  I think my garmin is not working properly: I was determined to have my last fast 30 seconds about the same as my first so I went at what I thought was the same pace only to have it say I ran an ave of 6:12/mi for 30 seconds.  I don't think that is possible, even for 30 seconds.

I have to say that this information does not tell me much.  When I got home last week from my first track session I asked ADP to explain to me what all the numbers were.  We figured it out somewhat, but I'm still not sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this.

Last week this happened, RIP running glasses:
I went and bought new ones (it was windy at the track):
They fit great but I hate them.  I guess it is time to go back and find a different pair.  I just hope I find a pair soon!

8 comments:

Christi said...

That is a bummer about your sunglasses. It is so hard to find a good pair!

Molly said...

ugh, that stinks about your glasses! yeah, and I'm clueless when it comes to running numbers.

Teamarcia said...

Sounds like a productive track session! Sorry about the glasses. Big bummer.
Thanks for planting the upstate NY seed. I'll see what our week looks like...I'd love to meet you!

J said...

Oh no, Sunglasses Rest in piece :(
The new ones look pretty awesome!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

My sunglasses break all of the time. That's why I can't buy expensive ones. :)
Love that mug!!

Jill said...

I just won a very expensive pair of Smith sunglasses (purple!), and they are cute but I look like a total dork in them. So hard to find something that fits, and feels, just right!

Happy 4th of July weekend!!! :)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I hate shopping for sunglasses, I am too cheap to buy the really nice ones, so I settle for the ones I hate and end up buying several, since I know I am going to sit on them or the kids will step on them.

Black Knight said...

I like your new sunglasses.
However it is sad to "lose" our old running items...