Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

1 Run in 4 Parts

It took me four separate runs to get my 13.1 miles in this morning.  I did it though!  Now that I'm done I can say my legs feel great but my tummy doesn't.  It was a fueling nightmare.  How do you fuel when you are going to run four separate times in 6.5 hours?  I did not want to live on gels so I did what I could and now my stomach is not happy.  Oh well.

Run 1 (6:02 am):  1 solo mile to warm up.  
Me and Amanda
Run 2 (6:12 am):  8 mile (a.k.a. 7.55 mile) training run with USA Fit.  We did a four mile loop twice and when it was done we were at 7.55 miles so I kept running and stopped at 8 miles.  It was good to finish out the miles since we were really short.  The first two runs were together on my garmin, 9.01 miles, 1:39:57, 11:06/mi.  I'm learning to slow down.
Run 3 (10:01 am):  Freihofer's Run for Women 5K.  A.k.a. the run I do with elite runners from around the world and 4,000+ other women.  A.k.a. the cookie run and maybe the reason my tummy hurts.  I ran this with a friend who was doing a 5K for the first time in 13 years.  I stayed with her, and much to her surprise, I ran with my camera.  She did awesome and we finished in 35:15, 3.17 miles, 11:08/mi.

9 miles done, only 4.1 to go at this point

Neighbor Heather and me pre-race

Lined up and waiting for the 'gun'
Can you see the elites up front?  Me neither.
Run 4 (12:29 pm):   I needed to finish out my 13.1 miles so when I got home I took Maddie for a run.  This was the worst part of today's run.  Not because it was at the end, but because .4 miles into the run a pit-bull attacked my dog.  Thank all that is good and nice that both Maddie and I are fine.  The pit-bull is fine too, but not on my happy list.  Neither is the dogs owner.  The dog was going after Maddie and I'm yelling at the owner to get their dog off mine and the owner saunters over in no hurry and starts swearing at the dog.  Really?  Like the dog understands cursing.  Thankfully there were some wonderful neighbors who came out to make sure both Maddie and I were fine.  Once Maddie relaxed (the fur on her back was up) and I stopped shaking we booked it home.  First part of second run ~10/mile, second part ~8:40/mi.  

All in all it was a fun and eventful day.  Next week is a cutback week so I'll be taking it a little more easy.

9 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Glad you and Maddie are okay, how scary!! What a jerk for not keeping better track of his dog. I am not a fan of aggressive dogs. What a busy running day you had, hope the tummy feels better soon!

Penny said...

What a crazy morning for you girl. Glad maddie is good. Not only running but all the mental thinking you had to do with your fuel. You did awesome figuring it all out. Hope you tummy is better.

Darlene said...

What an eventful day! Nice seeing you!

ajh said...

Glad your dog is okay.

Anne said...

What a day! So glad your dog is okay, I would have been pretty pissed off at the pitbull's owner too!

Congrats on your 5K!

Black Knight said...

Glad your dog is ok.
What a hectic day, you are a superhero. If I enter a race I cannot finish or making other workouts.
Congrats!!!!!!

Molly said...

that is so scary about the pit bull! I'm just waiting for that to happen to Frank. I'm so impressed over how you fit all those miles in!

GoddessLibrarian said...

I love that you stayed with your friend. That is truly, truly awesome.

Sorry about the dog incident! We have, well, one pit now, and we have a fence for a reason! Pits do not get along well with other dogs unless they've been really socialized a la Cesar Millan! I always hate hearing stories like this because it gives all pit bulls a bad rap. That owner sounded like an idiot.

Jennifer Cotter said...

Wow! Glad both you and your pup are OK. Great workouts today!!