Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Three Things Thursday, 5.26


  1. I keep reading about school ending and summer vacation starting.  We have another month of school here, so you won't get any big summer break announcements from me.  And when summer vacation finally does arrive, I doubt you will get a big announcement from me because it will be life as usual only with the kids at home.
  2. I met my coaches on Tuesday night for the first time.  They are nice and they brought their two boys (ages ~4 and ~7) along to watch.  It was a hill clinic.  Well, apparently I do things a little differently than they do.  Yes, I warm up.  Yes, I run up the hill.  No, I do not walk back down the hill for recovery (I do a nice slow jog).  No, I do not do only two repeats (4 to 6 is more my style).  It seemed like everyone except the coaches/helpers had never run hills before so I just stuck with them.  I didn't mind because I had run 13.1 the day before.  
  3. Speaking of those 13.1 miles.  I ran them slower and I have no lasting effects from the run.  The next morning I got up and my legs felt no different than if I had run three miles the day before.  This makes me very happy!  Later today I'll do a short (time and distance) tempo run and see how my legs really feel.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

2 comments:

misszippy said...

Same boat--another 3 1/2 weeks of school for my kids. And I need every minute of it to get work accomplished before they are around 24/7!

Running slower is a great way to preserve the legs--good job.

Darlene said...

Sounds like you are way ahead in your training and you are going to rock the marathon!

I on the other hand avoid hills at all cost. Keep the tips coming...I may try to change my ways.