Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

My Speedy Hubby

Yesterday I mentioned ADP's Thursday night race.  Thursday has come and gone and so has the race.  It was a beautiful night for a race, 70 with a light breeze (according to ADP).  I did not get any pictures as I was not there, but I am hopeful there will be pictures up on-line at various sites that I can comb through in hopes of finding "my" ADP.

Last year (posted here) ADP ran the 3.5 mile race in 22:30.  In the past year he has gone from a 3 mile runner 2x a week to a half marathoner and a 6 mile runner 2x a week.  I don't know the last time he "only" ran 3 miles.  Needless to say, he decided to push a little more last night and his garmin came back with 3.56 miles in 21:06, for an ave moving pace of 5:55/mi.  OH MY!  My hubby is getting really speedy.  This is a 1:24 PR!!  Of course I am super proud of ADP.
The start of the race...no ADP in sight, source

9 comments:

Jill said...

He's only getting speedier cuz he's getting tips from you!! :)

Congrats to him!!!!

Rance said...

Way to go! Great job on ADP getting a PR, that is always so satisfying.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Congrats to your hubby!

Darlene said...

Wow! He is speedy!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Congrat's to him. Yikes he is fast! In my dreams I run that fast . . . and effortlessly.

Julie said...

Way to go ADP!!! Super speedy! Is he planning on daoing a marathon this year? He should:)

I hope that you are doing well Suzy! Take care:)

Cynthia O'H said...

What an awesome time! Congrats to your hubby. Sounds like there is some serious behind-the-scenes coaching.

J said...

Congrats to him! Our corporate run is Tuesday - hopefully it doesn't ran like it did last year!

Badgergirl said...

Speedy! Congrats to ADP!