Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching Up

Blogger has not been kind because on the few occasions I had time to blog last week I could not.  Then, my big post disappeared.  Here goes again...

Last week I had some good runs.  I tried out a new pair of socks that is highly recommended by the staff at Fleet Feet and ADP.  I like them and it felt like there was nothing on my feet.  I was annoyed once again by my water bottle which insists on leaking.  I need a new one, but I don't know what to buy.  any suggestions?

Tuesday I went out on a 6 mile run and ran completely by feel.  My garmin was along, but I only looked at it to make sure it was on.  I ended up running with an ave pace of 9:42/mi.  How can I keep my pace there (when not even trying) on a warm day at home but not on a perfect race day?  Oh well.

On Wednesday I went on a 3.2 mile run with my neighbor who recently completed the C25K in preparation for a race at the beginning of June.  The last time we ran together was the first day of her training when she ran 90 seconds at a time.  It was amazing to see how far she had come.


And my announcement which I made and then it disappeared.  I'm running a fall marathon.  So the blog will be hijacked by training that is leading to something I've never done.  On Oct 9 I'll be going 26.2 miles.

8 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Good luck and Congrats on signing up for 26.2! So excited for you.

Jennifer Cotter said...

It sounds like you and I have somewhat similar pacing. I'm training for a December marathon (maybe a fall half), so I'll be interested to follow and compare your training.

Bridget said...

26.2! Awesome. You are going to get me revved up to do it at some point. In my life. Maybe next year?

Penny said...

CONGRATS, You will do awesome

ajh said...

This was my favorite marathon! You've done the half right? Have fun with it.

Candice @ I Have Run said...

So, so excited about your marathon!! Good luck with the training. Keep us posted!!

And congrats on graduating!!

Black Knight said...

I am sure you will run a great marathon. Good luck.
And I want to see that smile at the end of the marathon too!

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

YAY! So exciting! Can't wait to follow your training :)