Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We Have a Problem

I will probably run another official half marathon again this year.  Whether I do or do not isn't the problem. On January 1 at 12 p.m. for the past two years I have run the Hangover Half; I plan on doing it to kick off 2012 as well.  Here is the problem:

The NFL obviously did not take this into consideration when planning the schedule.  They have my beloved Green Bay Packers at the Detroit Lions at 1 p.m. on January 1.  This is a major problem for me.  I love running, but I will skip a race so that I can watch the Packers play on TV (even against the Lions).

What to do?  What to do?  Thankfully, I have 256 days left to come up with a solution that will allow me to run the half marathon and watch the Packers at the same time.

17 comments:

Aimee said...

Ha ha...decisions, decisions! Could you run the half and make it home to watch the game??

ajh said...

Carry something that you can watch while you are running?

MomRunningFromCancer said...

I understand completely!

We were just talking about the schedule and how great it is to have the Lions / Packers game on Thanksgiving again. That was an old tradition and I'm glad it is back . . . and the Bears game on Christmas Day evening. It will be a great season.

They better get the contracts settled soon - I can't possibly make it through a winter without Packer football.

Karen said...

What a dilema!! I have no idea what I would do! That's a tough choice!

Pretend this is real said...

Simple! You're just going to have to run a PR and finish shortly after the game begins. And shower? What shower?

Badgergirl said...

Lol! The nerve of the NFL not to consult New Year's Day race times. :)

Looks like a great schedule. Now crossing my fingers the season actually happens! Eek!

Liz said...

Do the race, record the game and don't speak to anyone (to give away the score) until you watch it later. You can pretend it's live!

Manderz said...

I totally LOL'd when I read this!! You'll just have to finish the half in under 2 hours to make the start ha!

Christi said...

Well first we have to hope that they get the strike thing worked out. I will go crazy without football!

Darlene said...

I agree with Amanda - run fast!

Tricia said...

ha! good luck with a solution

Penny said...

You are going to PR this race this time. Than hopefully you will make in time for the game.

The Happy Runner said...

Yikes!
DVR?

Bridget said...

I hate football so I can't relate to this at all. I would just DVR it. And pretend it's in "real" time when you watch it!

Molly said...

hmmmm. I would say DVR, but I'm sure you want to watch it live!

Black Knight said...

The half while listening the match by radio!
2nd chance: the Black Knight Army will be there to stop the game until the time you finish the race.
Have a good Easter.

Jennifer Cotter said...

You are a woman after my own heart. As a fellow, die-hard Packers fan, I am now following this blog just because of this post! :)