Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh Me, Oh My

Yesterday I was complaining (in the most positive voice I could muster) about my back.  It still hurts and thus my IT bands hurt which makes my left ankle hurt.  I know not to worry about the pain in my legs because if I can loosen my back up the pain will pretty much go away.

Today I ignored my back (though I did stop and stretch as needed) and I ignored my training plan.  It was amazing.  Yes my back is a tight ball of messy muscles but my legs feel much better after running 9 miles.  I have happy legs again.

Thoughts have been dancing in my head...thoughts about VFF.  Anyone else curious beyond belief about these?  I may have to hit up Fleet Feet to satisfy my curiosity.
Thanks for the birthday wishes for Maddie's 4th birthday yesterday.
Here she is with a birthday present.
And no, I'm not crazy...but this is the first birthday we've had with her so we had to celebrate.
And knowing me, we'll celebrate her birthday next year, and the year after, and the year after...

11 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats on the great run but I am sorry about the back. Back ache is no fun!

Karen said...

Sorry about your back and your IT band and your ankle! That stinks! (We buy our doggies b-day presents, too! lol)

ajh said...

Feel better soon.

Raquelita said...

Back pain is no joke. Be careful! I hope the pain and tightness goes away soon!

Penny said...

Glad you are were ablt to get 9 miles in. Have a great week Suzy.

Beth said...

Hope your back behaves soon!

Molly said...

Hope things loosen up for you!

I've been curious about the VFF, but I don't think I'll take the plunge.

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

you've probably mentioned this, but have you gone to a chiro? After going once a week for awhile, i finally got everything in alignment and with more core work I feel like most o fthe lower back issues i had are gone

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

My hubbs get a tight back from running (I think it's his stiff form). I hope your loosens up for you.

VFF. I am so routine I will probably never try them. Sacouny is for me. Hubbs is interested though. He thinks they will help correct his form. Maybe?

Black Knight said...

Well I have back pain too: this is solidarity between runners. Isn't it?
Glad your legs feel good after a long run (yes 9 miles are a long run).
Late happy birthday to Maddie.

GoddessLibrarian said...

Did you ever look into the VFF? I just read Born to Run and now I'm all convinced I need to start running barefoot. But I'm a bit wimpy so I was thinking about the VFFs.