Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Back is at it Again

I did not sleep well last week.  When I don't sleep well I turn onto my stomach and I am guaranteed at least a couple hours of good sleep but at a price:  back pain.  My lower back is hurting, a lot.  A sore lower back makes the miles painful.  So, I have little to share except for the I am's...

  • I am still trying to get a good night of sleep (last night was good).  
  • I am trying to get my lower back to loosen up so I am not in pain.  
  • I am trying to run comfortably.  
  • I am trying to enjoy running while my back hurts.  
  • I am trying to stick with my runs so I get four miles in a run.
  • I am just trying...
Like everything else, this too shall pass.  It just sucks while I am here and in pain.  

On a happy note, my furry one, Maddie, turns 4 today.  It is raining again, so we won't get out for a birthday run.  Maybe this year I'll increase her mileage (she's at ~1.5 miles/run) and she can run a 5K with me.  My birthday present to her!

10 comments:

misszippy said...

I gave up sleeping on my back years ago for just that reason. Hope yours feels better asap!

Christi said...

I am sorry you are having back pain. I hope it feels better real soon.

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Darlene said...

Feel better soon! At least the weather is horrible & you're not missing anything.

Emily said...

feel better asap! that's super frustrating, crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Feel better ASAP.. No fun to be in pain

Jill said...

Happy Birthday furry one!
Hope the back is better soon...no fun!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Back pain is no fun! I hope it passing quickly. You attitude is wonderful.

Pretend this is real said...

Oh no! I hope the back pain passes soon! Make sure to keep stretching. And happy birthday, Maddie!

Meg said...

Oh, so sorry. It's so difficult to sleep with this kind of pain. I hope you feel better soon and get the sleep your body deserves!
HB to Maddie, I love 4 year olds!!

Penny said...

Sorry to hear about your back acting up. That is not fun. Hope it gets better soon.