Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Sign and a Sticker

I have seen them here and there on various blogs so when I got an e-mail from Megan at BuildASign I was excited.  She offered to let me put together some signs, swag products as she put it, and I was in.  

I was not sure what to expect at first. Their site seemed huge with so many options at first, but then I stepped back and realized I did not know what I was even looking for.  Once I had a few ideas I went back to BuildASign and looked around again.  This time it was much easier and I had no trouble building stickers, signs, and more.  The hardest part was actually choosing what I wanted.  I could have ordered the whole lot because it was so much fun to make the signs and I really did like what I was putting together.

I settled on two things: a sticker and a street sign.  I had just redone our exercise room and there was one long wall (the largest wall in the room) that was completely bare.  I got a street sign for the room.  When it arrived ADP and I were both surprised and pleased at the quality!  I don't know why, but I was expecting something "less."  The sign was also printed on both sides!  Apparently I did not have terribly high expectations and I should have because the sign is perfect.
ADP asked when it arrived if I wanted an apostrophe in runners to make it possessive.  Nope.  I wanted it to be that there are a lot of runners on this path!  It has happened too.  I frequently use my treadmill and exercise room.  ADP uses it weekly during the winter.  And, my neighbor is doing the C25K plan and on snowy days she has come over to use the treadmill as well!  Three runners, one way = Runners Way.

the view from the treadmill - the sign makes me smile when I glance at it during a run
Next up was a bumper sticker.  I have to admit, I'm not big into bumper stickers so this was more challenging than it should have been.  Then I saw that they come in 4x4 stickers and I was intrigued.  I put the motto I try to live by on the sticker.  You'll find my motto on my Road ID and various places in my life.  I strive to live by this mottoe everyday.
I did put my blog address on the bottom for good measure.  I have 10 of these stickers to give away.  If you want one, please comment and leave me a way to get a hold of you.

If you need any signs, definitely go to BuildASign.  They were great to work with and their products are wonderful.

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love Build a Sign and I agree Megan is awesome!

Your bumper sticker is SO cute! I'd love one! :0) kren2700@gmail.com

Christi said...

I love the sign! I got one for Xmas that says "Finish Line." I haven't figured out where to put it yet.

I would love a bumper sticker. christikeiseratyahoodotcom

Penny said...

I love Build A Sign.. I would love to have one. I love your moto. Love the Life you Live

pinkhatrunner@hotmail.com

bobbie said...

LOVE your sign for your exercise room! and I too like your motto!!
Would love to have one of your stickers!
bobbie087@msn.com

J. L. said...

Love the exercise room sign, and really like your stickers. I would love to have one. larijana@isu.edu

ajh said...

I would love one of these. If I am one of the ten I will send you my address.

Laurie said...

What a great idea for your exercise room! Also that is an excellent motto. I'd love to have one of your stickers if you still have some. Thanks!

runlaurierun@gmail.com

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

I'd love a sticker too! Let me know if I'm in the top 10 and I'll e-mail you my address.

Aimee said...

That sign is awesome!!

I don't know if you have any stickers left, but I would love one! You can email me at trirunveg@gmail.com! :)