Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Running Necklace for Me!

A friend of mine has a shopping blog, Penguin's Gift, that I follow because she has a knack for finding the perfect gift for everyone.  I definitely do not have the gift of perfect giving.  So, when she e-mailed me about a necklace she saw and she thought of me I had to look.

I went over to the place on the web that scares me:  Etsy.  I went straight to the link my friend Kathryn sent and was instantly intrigued by Resonates and what they do.  They repurpose dimes and nickels into pendants.  What a cool idea!

My 13.1 necklace arrived yesterday and I had to put it on.
The necklace comes in six colors.  For those not into the 13.1 distance, they do other distances and sports.  All their necklaces are custom, so it took about a week for my necklace to be made and delivered.
Yes, I bought this for myself and I am happy I did.  Take a look at Resonates because it is a cool store.

Next up:  the "plan" for my half on Saturday

9 comments:

Christi said...

Great lookin' necklace! I must check her site right now.

GoddessLibrarian said...

That is awesome!

Penny said...

I love all of their necklaces. The one that stuck out to me was the run 26.2 run. The bracelets were really neat too. Thanks for sharing the website.

Nicole Orriëns said...

I like it! It's really special.

http://www.momshomerun.blogspot.com

Badgergirl said...

Great necklace! I'll keep Resonates in mind if I decide to reward myself after this spring's half marathons!

Bridget said...

Love it! i might have to get one!!! And wear it on Saturday!!!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful necklace.
Good luck on the half next saturday.

Liz said...

Very nice, there is some really good looking running jewellery around these days.

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the link-love, and you look FABULOUS with that new necklace. I'm so happy you treated yourself!