Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A No Run Day Needed a Run

I am trying very hard to keep rest days in my schedule now that it is March.  I would love to run every single day and I may do it at some point, but I do not want to get hurt and with my last half of my season less than a month away I do not want to get injured.  Yesterday was a rest day and I really needed a run.  Something put me in a bad mood during the morning and I do not like being in a bad mood.  It takes too much energy to be in a bad mood.  I love my life and I try my best to stay in a good mood.  Yes, I get worked up over things, but IMO being worked up about a topic is very different than being in a bad mood.

So, there I was, bad mood and all and none of my usual methods were cheering me up.  I needed to go for a run.  I did not run because I stuck to my rest day schedule.  Thankfully, the UPS truck arrived at 2:45 and dropped off two big boxes of stuff.  I had to reject one because I could tell the items inside were damaged (the hole in the box was that big) which left me one box.  One box of happiness and joy and working with my hands!  Here is what arrived:
lots of stuff that needed assembly
I worked with the kids and tried not to rush them through their homework.  Then I set up my work station.  Yes, the directions are hiding under the drill. I keep the directions close by to hold all the nuts and bolts that come with the things I have to put together.
 It did not take long and this is what I had (yes, I know it is not complete):
I love putting things together.  By the time ADP came home I was getting ready to assemble the second chair.  He helped with a few small parts because it was nice to have a second set of hands to hold things. ADP knows me well enough to understand that on projects like this he can help, but I am the foreman (or should it be forewoman?) of the project.
Two new kitchen stools!  Too bad I had to send the other two back to the store.  Thankfully, when I called the company and told them I had rejected the other box and why, they ordered replacements immediately for me.  So, in about two weeks I'll have two more chairs to put together.  It is not the same as running, but oh do I love putting things together!

9 comments:

Anne said...

Glad you found something to put your energy into...great looking chairs :)

I'm the "forewoman" at home too when it comes to putting things together.

Christi said...

I like the chairs!

Emily said...

you LIKE putting stuff together? I need you to pay me a visit and help me out!

Glad you stuck to your rest day schedule.

Penny said...

Glad you stood fast to your rest day. Happy for you that your chair came and got your mind on something else that you love to do. The chair look great. I need to hire you. Hope you have a great week.

Jill said...

I don't want you to get injured either so glad you stuck with your rest day :).

The chairs are really pretty. I need new stools in my kitchen. Someday!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Wow, you were just like one of Santa's little helpers on Christmas eve!

Mike said...

I love putting things together.

Black Knight said...

I like the chairs. Glad you found something to "forget" your day off.
At home my wife puts things together I am too lazy for these business.

Julie said...

Hi Suzy,
God you are so freaking handy! I am not the type of girl who can put chairs together....yuck! I admire you for being able to put those chairs together without getting cranky or letting some bad words fly:)

I hope that your training is going well. Do you and ADP have anything fun on your upcoming racing schedule?

Take care Suzy! Hugs!