Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

5 Things Friday, 3.18


  1. I have not made it around to blogs this week.  I am sorry I have not read them or commented on what is going on in your running life.  I just have not had the energy or time to do it.
  2. I am in the part of my training that I really do not like.  I am comfortable in saying that I actually hate it.  My next race is in two weeks and I am doubting every step I have taken.  I have not had a great (or even good) run in almost two weeks.  Why in the world do I choose to run 13.1 miles?  It is down right insane to do it.
  3. I have one tempo run today and a long run on Sunday and then I start "tapering" for my half on 4/2.
  4. There is one good thing about the race that I have in two weeks:  free beer at the end.  I do not like beer (please, no throwing things at me) so I generally stay far away from beer.  However, I think a beer may taste mighty fine after running 13.1 miles.
  5. I am also mourning the end of winter.  While many of you are getting ready for a spring, summer and fall of races, I am getting ready to stop doing races.  I love winter and enjoy running when it is cold or even cool outside.  Except for a race for fun here or there my half on 4/2 will be my last longer race until fall (probably the Squirrely Six at the end of October).  

6 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck with your training this weekend. I am sure it will boost your confidence!

Beer at the end of a long run is awesome!

Aimee said...

I'm sorry you haven't had good runs lately. But, I'm sure you will do great in your 1/2!
I'm not a fan of beer either...bluck!

Zaneta said...

I haven't been able to get around to many blogs either this week... such is life!

Good luck at your half marathon!! Stop doubting yourself! You are fully prepared and will rock it! :)

Darlene said...

I am confident that you will do great at this half marathon!!!!! I also hope you change your mind about warm weather racing...I'd love to see you again.

Katie said...

Ohh you will love the squirrely six! That was such a fun race. You aren't doing the Hudson Mohawk half? I could see it getting boring after a few times.

ajh said...

I got my sign in the mail from you. Thank you so much. And I too hope we cross paths one day.