1. I do not like shopping for clothing. Especially jeans.
2. I do not self advocate or brag often, but I will a little today.
3. On Sunday I replaced a toilet. On Monday I fixed the replaced toilet (wax ring issues).
4. On Saturday I went to the Honors Convocation for my graduate school.
5. There were two honors awards given to graduate students in my discipline. I received one of them.
|given that this is a running blog where in most pictures I'm wearing some amount of spandex and am probably sweaty and in desperate need of a shower...I need to point out that I think I clean up well|
6. The award is already listed on my resume.
7. I have started tutoring at night since I am no longer subbing.
8. I enjoy taking pictures.
|one of my favorite photos from the past year and a favorite running spot|
9. I used to develop my own black and white film and do my own prints.
10. I am 3 years behind on my kids’ photo albums.
11. I am not a scrapbooker. I do want my kids to have pictures in an album though.
12. I am taking two gardens out of my yard this year. Last fall we removed most of the plants and shrubs. This year we’ll plant grass.
13. If I take two gardens out that means I get to put at least two in.
14. I have 29 books on my shelf waiting to be read.
15. I am currently reading 3 books. They are not part of the 29 on the shelf.
16. ADP bought me a great birthday gift.
|get it? "Running" On My Time!|
17. I need to start doing more races with medals so I can fill it up! (ADP does have a medal from the half in October, but he keeps his in his office.)
18. I’ll get another medal this weekend.
19. I think frosting should be a food group. Especially homemade frosting. The kind made with powdered sugar and lots of butter.
20. My mom couldn’t leave butter (the stick kind that is real butter) out on the table when I was little because I would eat it.
21. I don’t vacuum. I “make” ADP do it.
22. I like boxed wine. Some of it is really good. The benefit: it does not go bad quickly which is important when I only have a glass every so often.
23. I cannot sew in a straight line using my sewing machine.
24. Even though I cannot sew straight, I have made multiple curtains in my house.
25. I am not surprised that it is still cold here. There has been snow on my birthday many times before. Spring is not really here until after I add another year to my age.
26. 5 (plus 30) means I am in a new AG. This does not really affect me because I am a mid-pack runner.
27. 35 random things is surprisingly hard to come up with.
28. I do not like re-reading books. Except books that are in a series. Then I will read the first books, in order, each time a new book comes out. I read the first Harry Potter book 8 times before I read the seventh book (7 books in the series + 1 because I read it too fast the first time so I “needed” to re-read it).
29. I love doing puzzles.
30. I wear slippers all winter long.
31. I want to go to Tuscany for a month or two when I retire.
32. We eat in our dining room every night all winter.
33. We eat in the sunroom most nights all summer (it is too hot sometimes).
34. I love playing solitaire…with cards or on the computer or on my phone.