Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

35 Randoms About Me

It is my fifth birthday today (plus 30).  To honor this momentous occasion I will share 35 seemingly random things about me.

1.     I do not like shopping for clothing.  Especially jeans.
2.     I do not self advocate or brag often, but I will a little today.
3.     On Sunday I replaced a toilet.  On Monday I fixed the replaced toilet (wax ring issues).
4.     On Saturday I went to the Honors Convocation for my graduate school.

5.     There were two honors awards given to graduate students in my discipline.  I received one of them. 
given that this is a running blog where in most pictures I'm wearing some amount of spandex and am probably sweaty and in desperate need of a shower...I need to point out that I think I clean up well
6.     The award is already listed on my resume.
7.     I have started tutoring at night since I am no longer subbing.
8.     I enjoy taking pictures.
one of my favorite photos from the past year and a favorite running spot
9.     I used to develop my own black and white film and do my own prints.
10. I am 3 years behind on my kids’ photo albums.
11. I am not a scrapbooker.  I do want my kids to have pictures in an album though.
12. I am taking two gardens out of my yard this year.  Last fall we removed most of the plants and shrubs.  This year we’ll plant grass.
13. If I take two gardens out that means I get to put at least two in.
14. I have 29 books on my shelf waiting to be read.
15. I am currently reading 3 books.  They are not part of the 29 on the shelf.
16. ADP bought me a great birthday gift.
get it?  "Running" On My Time!
17. I need to start doing more races with medals so I can fill it up!  (ADP does have a medal from the half in October, but he keeps his in his office.)
18. I’ll get another medal this weekend.
19. I think frosting should be a food group.  Especially homemade frosting.  The kind made with powdered sugar and lots of butter.
20. My mom couldn’t leave butter (the stick kind that is real butter) out on the table when I was little because I would eat it.
21. I don’t vacuum.  I “make” ADP do it.
22. I like boxed wine.  Some of it is really good.  The benefit: it does not go bad quickly which is important when I only have a glass every so often.
23. I cannot sew in a straight line using my sewing machine. 
24. Even though I cannot sew straight, I have made multiple curtains in my house.
25. I am not surprised that it is still cold here.  There has been snow on my birthday many times before.  Spring is not really here until after I add another year to my age.
26. 5 (plus 30) means I am in a new AG.  This does not really affect me because I am a mid-pack runner.
27. 35 random things is surprisingly hard to come up with.
28. I do not like re-reading books.  Except books that are in a series.  Then I will read the first books, in order, each time a new book comes out.  I read the first Harry Potter book 8 times before I read the seventh book (7 books in the series + 1 because I read it too fast the first time so I “needed” to re-read it).
29. I love doing puzzles.
30. I wear slippers all winter long.
31. I want to go to Tuscany for a month or two when I retire. 
32. We eat in our dining room every night all winter.
33. We eat in the sunroom most nights all summer (it is too hot sometimes).
34. I love playing solitaire…with cards or on the computer or on my phone.
35. I think 35 is going to be a great year!
this morning...me and the kids

19 comments:

Jourdans said...

Happy Birthday!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!! I love this! You totally deserve to brag a little! Congrats on the honor award!!!! I love #27. That's true-I tried one of those 100 random things posts-never finished:)

Hope you have a great day:)

Christine said...

Love the medal rack/holder - awesome! Criteria for my half was that it had a medal...I turned one down last year because it gave a beer glass, lol!

Christi said...

You clean up real well! Beautiful!

My son used to eat butter packets when he was little. Odd!

I love playing solitaire on my phone!

Happy Birthday!

Emily said...

happy birthday suzy!!! i hope you're celebrating it up hard!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday!

onelittletrigirl said...

I cannot wait to turn 30- I really think it'll be the best time of my life! Happy Birthday you special lady :)

Also, I love your 35 things- and the sign is great!

Darlene said...

I agree - this is going to be a great year for you and you are NOT a middle of the pack runner! I bet you win AG awards in this new AG.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Tuscany would be awesome! Agree - you clean up well! Happy birthday!

Laura Shaughnessy said...

Happy Birthday Suzy!

ajh said...

Huge congratulations on the honor! Very impressive.

I love rereading books. Makes me also feel like I am getting my money's worth if I bought it.

Totally agree on frosting as a food group!

I wear slippers all year now because they help with my PF.

ajh said...

And Happy Birthday

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday!!
Congrats on your award...that's awesome! Loved the 35 random things idea!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Hope you had a great day - loved the 35 random things about you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jill said...

I enjoy shopping for clothes if I'm fit and feeling good - which I'm not (bah!) - but jeans are the worst ALL THE TIME!!!!

Congrats on a great award, show that puppy off with total pride1

Happy Birthday, girl - I hope you had a fantastic day, you so deserve it!

Cynthia O'H said...

Happy Birthday. This is a beginning of a new age group for you. Enjoy it!

misszippy said...

Happy happy birthday! You have a lot to celebrate--and I am most impressed with your plumbing skills! Enjoy the day and the year.

Molly said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Congrats on your school award too, you look fab in the photo. Best wishes for the year : )

The Happy Runner said...

35 will definitely be a great year!
I'm with you on many of your 35 -- I used to develop and print my b&ws, too. Loved it. And, yeah, homemade frosting is the best. I'm a butter freak.

Great pics -- love your photo of your fave spot!