Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wintery Fun Run

Today was one of those days.  We all have them and I don't think anyone enjoys them.  I needed to go for a run!  Thanks to some friends and their advice, I skipped my tempo run (which was bound to happen on a treadmill) and headed out for a run in the fresh snow.  I bundled up for my run.  It was not particularly cold outside, but the wind was wicked and made the windchill about 5F.  

Thankfully the roads were pretty clear!
I took my time and had a good run.  I kept reminding myself to slow down, I was not in a hurry at all.  Finally I came to this sign:
I really don't like this stop sign.  It is only .2 away from my house if I turn right.  My runs are never done here though so I always turn left.  Oh, how I wish I could turn right.  Maybe next time...

Today:  3.07 mi in 31:22 (ave 10:13/mi)
Tomorrow:  5 miles at 9:40/mi - or at least that is the plan

7 comments:

ajh said...

I like the pictures. It looks like my run yesterday except you were smart and ran when the roads were bare! Enjoy those winter runs!

Detroit Runner said...

Way to get out there. I can't believe you took those pictures with it being so cold. I hurry up and finish so I can get warm again.

MomRunningFromCancer said...

Glad you could get out there during the day light. I was going to try and head out when I got home from the dr. this afternoon - but it didn't happen. Oh well!

Tomorrow - outside in the dark. ;-(

Heather said...

These pictures make me feel really, really, really dumb for opting to run on the treadmill today because was 38.

You northerners are so tough.

I can't wait for summer when it's 100 here and I can feel tough..or dumb..as the case may be.

Courtney said...

You're a lot braver than me. I refuse to run in the snow and/or this freezing cold weather. I'd much rather go on the treadmill. Yeah, I'm a wimp

J said...

Your pictures match what I have outside too. Lots of snow! We are supposed to get hit here again this weekend :(

Black Knight said...

I like your pictures, they show an unknown world for me. I can see the snow only in photos; here sea and good weather.