Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Warmers: Hand, Body, Foot & Toe Review

What are some of your winter running necessities?  I never knew it, but hand warmers are a necessity.  I ran all last winter with freezing hands and rarely thought twice about it once my hands were warm.  I was contacted by Hand Warmers and Foot Warmers before the temperatures turned cold and they were wondering if I wanted to try some of their products.  I was curious so I said yes.  It was not too long and this arrived in the mail:

My thoughts when I opened the box:  "I'll never use all those this year!"  Since receiving them the temperatures outdoors have been all over the place so I haven't been able to use them as much as hoped. I was all set to try them out on a long run on 1/1/11 for my half marathon and then the temps were in the upper 40's.  Yesterday, however, it was down right cold with the cool temps and wicked wind.  ADP and I both tried the Hand Warmers out and they saved both of us!
I put one hand warmer in each mitten and each hand in a glove and mitten.  It may have been a little overkill because with the hand warmer, technical glove, and fleece mitten my hands were hot after my 5K.  ADP put his warmers on the backs of his hands inside his gloves and his hands never got cold!

In addition to using them running, I tried them out when I had to shovel out our driveway.  OK, so I used the snowblower, but I was still outside in the cold!  My hands were perfectly warm.  I will not run outside in the winter without these in my gloves again.  I have a new cold weather necessity on my list:  hand warmers.  Just remember to open them up 10-20 minutes before you need them so they are toasty warm when it is time to go outside!

The hand warmers I used can be purchased at http://www.handwarmers.net/ where you can buy hand warmers by the pair or case.  You can also get body warmers, 4" x 5", there too. They are great to keep your body warm when you are outside a little longer.  The foot warmers can be purchased at http://www.footwarmers.org/ and there is a whole variety of ways to keep your feet warm:  foot warm-ups, toasti toes, insole foot warmer.  You can buy by the pair or case for any of these.  The customer service is wonderful!

Disclaimer:  I was provided the warmers free of charge.  All opinions are mine and mine alone.

7 comments:

Christi said...

I love using hand warmers and foot warmers when I am skiing. A great investment for sure. I guess I will have to try them on my run next time because generally I just suffer through that!

Jen said...

so cool.

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I've used these and they are great! I slide them in my gloves, and even slid them in my shorts in one race ... don't laugh, they did the trick!

ajh said...

I never think to use anything like this either. Aren't you lucky to get contacted by them to try them out!!

Ewa said...

My feet get cold very easily. Maybe I should try feet warmers for our upcoming ski trip.

MomRunningFromCancer said...

I have used hand warmers for a number of years for various things, but only started using them for running this winter. I would give them to my kids when they played in pepband for football games and used them while skiing. This winter there have been a couple of times when it has been pretty windy and cold and I suffered one day and then decided to use a hand warmer the next day. They are great and really work well.

Aimee said...

I LOVE those things! When I used to snowboard, I always put them in my boots! They are perfect for cold weather runs/walks/shoveling/etc.. LOVE them!