Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Felt Like It & A Winner

The life of a substitute teacher is still new to me.  Today I took a chance and slept in instead of exercising this morning.  Since I have only been called  to sub once this week I have been busy getting things done around the house and getting all my errands done.  This morning I was at Sam's Club and decided I really wanted to go for a run today.  When I got home I laced up my shoes (literally) and got on my beloved treadmill.

I tried out two new things on my run.  The first I got in my Christmas stocking, ibungee stretch laces!  So, before my run I had to lace up my NEW shoes.  Yes, new shoes arrived in the mail earlier this week and I was dying to try them out.  I laced up my GT-2150's and got on the treadmill.  I had a great run.  My shoes are by no means broken in, but they still felt great.  I couldn't tell I had stretch laces in my shoes instead of regular laces.

Congratulations to Paula who won the Sof Sole giveaway!  Please e-mail me (runningonmytimemail (at) gmail dot com) your address and shoe size.

6 comments:

Christi said...

Nice lookin' shoes and shoe strings!

Aimee said...

I've never tried the stretch laces, but I've been using Yankz for a long time and love them!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I LOVE new shoes! The last 8 pairs have been the same - but still love getting them! Good luck!

Running Librarian said...

Nothing better than putting on some new shoes! Always makes a run better :)

Meg said...

Such cool laces, I've never seen those before. Yeah, for substitute teachers! It's a hard job but we appreciate you!

Black Knight said...

Beloved treadmill? Noooo I cannot believe, I hate the "dreadmill"!
Great shoes!