Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Five Things Friday, 1.21


  1. I'm not going to the 15K I had planned on this weekend.  It is going to be cold outside.  I have nothing against running when it is cold.  I love winter and snow and running and the combination of all three.  My bottom limit is about 20F for the distance I'm running...and Sunday's race temp is supposed to be between 0 and 5F.
  2. I haven't run in 48+ hours and I'm going a little stir crazy.  I have a low grade fever and when I try to take a deep breath it feels like I'm going to hack up a lung.  So, running is sidelined until I can breath without fear of loosing a lung.
  3. I signed up for another 5K.  It is in June and with be an absolute blast!  A race named Mud Mania! has to be fun.  It looks like everyone ends up covered in mud by the end of the race.  My running buddy Amanda is doing it too...and I think we're in the same wave.
  4. I may not have been running, but we are having an actual winter here so I have been shoveling snow, scraping ice, and trying to keep the driveway somewhat clear for the last couple weeks.  I can feel it in my shoulders and arms because I'm not used to shoveling  (and snow blowing) so much snow.
  5. I think that one of the best parts about not feeling great is taking naps.  I love napping!

8 comments:

Christi said...

I hope you feel better real soon!

Aimee said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! It sounds like you have what I've had. I hope you feel better soon!
I think I would have ditched that race too. 5 degrees is COLD!!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

My wife is begging me to do a mud run with her ... I think ya'll are crazy! Man, run on dry ground!

Anne said...

I hope you feel better real soon...take care and happy napping :)

Pinkhatrunner said...

I hope you feel better to. I had been procastating running outside till I got back from vacation. Ran the other day it was 4 degrees cold but I couldnt take the TM any more.

Pretend this is real said...

Oh no! Don't hack up a lung! Hope you feel better soon.

Karen said...

Ugh! I hope you feel better! So sorry you are sick! :0( Mud Mania...that sounds like FUN!!!

MomRunningFromCancer said...

I know exactly what will heal you!

A PACKER victory over da'bears!

Hope you do feel better - and GO PACK - it is going to be a GREAT game. I got my old Reggie White jersey out and will be wearing that for the victory!