Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

1 Week and Counting

It feels like ages ago I was busy doing my student teaching and finishing up my master's degree.  It still seems strange to say "I'm finished."  My diploma is waiting for me to pick it up.  My certification will be official tomorrow.  I'm done. I'm done and I do not have a job.  In one week (yes, I'm counting the days), my stay-at-home-mom, SAHM, status is being reinstated and I cannot wait!

I was a SAHM from the time Bugs was born until doing my student teaching this fall.  It is not a stretch for me to be home with my kids because I absolutely love it!  This year is different than most because Bugs is in first grade so he is no longer here during the majority of the day.  Punky, being in kindergarten, will be with me all morning and we have big plans!

This change of schedule means I no longer need to get up at 4:30 to get my runs in before getting ready for the day.  I will have three hours every single weekday when my kids are at school to do my errands and run.  Let me tell you, I plan on running and running.  I used to feel rushed to get my run done (I gave myself 42 mins on the treadmill), stretch, and ready before the kids woke up.  I tried out my new schedule last week on two occasions and both times I had to remind myself after an hour that I should probably stop running and do something else.  I have a feeling the miles are going to fly by until it is gardening season when I plan on spending quality time getting dirty moving plants and possibly putting in a new garden.

One more little thing:  I am still looking for a job, so this schedule may not last.  So, if you happen to know of a school that is hiring a high school chemistry teacher within about 45 minutes of my house please let me know.

11 comments:

Ewa said...

Congrats on your hard earned free time.
I don't have to get up at 4am either but I really like to.
Enjoy your running and future gardening.

Teamarcia said...

WooHoo COngrats! Welcome back to SAHM-dom. I will tell you that the 3-hr nugget of time flies by. I wonder how the heck I ever did without it!
Woot for gardening too!

AbigailRuns said...

Congrats! You've worked so hard....time to enjoy some free time!!!!

Christi said...

Congrats! I hope you enjoy all the great same at home time that you can! Will you do some great things for me as well? :)

Emily said...

congrats! SO exciting!! the whole not waking up at 4:30 am thing is reason enough to throw a party.

Aimee said...

Woohoo! How exciting for you! :)

GoddessLibrarian said...

I am eagerly awaiting the day my last (who hasn't been born yet) goes to school and I don't have to squeeze in treadmill runs at nap time. We have FULL day kindergarten here so it will be lovely! (As long as we're not destitute by then!)

Meg said...

I think you're going to have a fun spring!!
That's great that your kindergartner will have more time to have fun with you...and you'll have more time for garden fun as well!
Congratulations!

Whitney said...

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new schedule and all the fun you have planned with your little one.

Badgergirl said...

Congrats! Enjoy the free time and those long runs!

onelittletrigirl said...

You totally earned this free time! Congrats :)